Wireless Thermometer

audis404

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Looking for an accurate wireless thermometer. Bought some cheaper ones in the past and they seem to always be off by 10 degrees or more. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had really good luck with the ThermoWorks products.

While I don't use that one in particular, I do use several of their products and have no complaints.

Looking for an accurate wireless thermometer. Bought some cheaper ones in the past and they seem to always be off by 10 degrees or more. Any help would be appreciated.

The best instant thermometer ...

The three most popular Wi-Fi Thermometers (based on posts via various Traeger-related FB Groups) ...

I love the idea of a wireless bluetooth probe with a phone app. The 2 I've seen are Meater and Meatstick. The concerning thing is that the Meater can tolerate an ambient temperature of 527 degrees and the Meatstick 572 degrees. This would be a bit worrisome if I'm using my grillgrates. Any thoughts or experience.

Fireboard is excellent, no range limitations like some. I have monitored cooks from several suburbs away. The chart function is first class, i also add all my cooking notes to each session which is stored in the cloud, starting to get quite a data base that helps me make decisions on cook times based on meat type and weight.

ThermoPro TP-20S . I tried a couple remote temp units over the years and this one is really awesome. Bought it online. (Avial at WalMart too)

Thanks. I'm sure it works well but it's not the wireless I'm looking for as you plug the probe into a receiver. The beauty of the Meater and Meatstick is the probe itself is wireless and transmits info to your phone.

Just a little clarification this is a completely wireless unit. There is the probe... which feeds through the provided hole on the grill. The probe is part od the base - sending unit. The sending unit sits on top of my pellet hopper.
The sending unit transmits wirelessly up to 300 ft to the indoor receiver / Monitoring unit. I have tried the bluetooth - phone thing but it didn't transmit very far.
The ThermoPro transmits wirelessly up to 300 ft. (much, much better than the bluetooth solution.)
It was kinda cool to have the wireless bluetooth to my phone but whenI had the range issues - it became sad.
It's a personal choice for sure but there are some real advantages to the ThermoPro. (and it works out of the box unlike one of the other brands I tried - a Chinese unit that wouldn't even pair properly. RETURNED)

One more important detail... this is a rugged, well built unit too. Perfect for outdoors and indoors.

Blessings, Scott

Fireboard is excellent, no range limitations like some. I have monitored cooks from several suburbs away. The chart function is first class, i also add all my cooking notes to each session which is stored in the cloud, starting to get quite a data base that helps me make decisions on cook times based on meat type and weight.

Thanks for this tip! The FireBoards look awesome, and the ability to get REAL alarms that even repeat, plus up to 6 channels all over via a cloud connection makes this an awesome product.

It's a shame that WiFire temp is such a dog, but so glad to see serious professional options available.

I love the idea of a wireless bluetooth probe with a phone app. The 2 I've seen are Meater and Meatstick. The concerning thing is that the Meater can tolerate an ambient temperature of 527 degrees and the Meatstick 572 degrees. This would be a bit worrisome if I'm using my grillgrates. Any thoughts or experience.
DON’T BUY MEATSTICK, I just returned mine after several months of problems. They hassled me about giving money back at first too. After they refused money back I said they can attempt to fix it then...long story multiple replacement items later app still won’t connect to the darn probe on WiFi or Bluetooth and they are now refunding me.

One of these days I’m going to purchase one of these smoke 2 channel alarms

I've used a Maverick transmitter/receiver setup for almost 12 years now with my Weber Smoky Mountain. It's not bluetooth or phone enabled but it's ALWAYS worked for me. Since I got the Traeger, I have yet to pull it out but may run some tests to compare the Traeger probe.

I see now that Maverick is selling some bluetooth options on their website. Wonder if they're as good as the old tech setup I've used for so long.

My new toy arrived ? got the drive until so it can also control my Komado grill instead of using my BBQGuru
I will be able to use all 6 of the ports at the same time and control the Vision Komado grill as well as monitor temps on the Traeger and whatever is cooking on both.
I know I had issues with the temperature probe on the Traeger, so this will give me a bit of confidence in actual temps
20200727_131524.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back