Wireless Temp Probe

Calibrating it to boiling water using the offset is closer to cooking temperatures than ice water. I just did the ice water method then used boiling water and adjusted the offset to 203* at boil. Water boils at 203* at my elevation and I confirmed the temp with a digital instant temp gauge. The meat probe was 10* low before adjusting the offset.
10 degree difference from the ice water to boiling? Shit good thinking! Imma do the same I think!

How do you adjust the offset? I see the ice water bath instructions, but nothing for offset.
Sorry about the late reply. These instructions are what I found on line for the D2 controller:

Meat Probe Calibration
  • There are two options under this setting – Calibrate Probe and Probe Offset
  • Calibrate Probe:place probe in ice water for 1 minute
  • Probe offset:Rotate the dial to adjust the probe temperature offset in 1° increments from -15°F to +15°F/-8°C to +8°C. The default setting is 0
  • Press the center of the dial to confirm and return to the Settings menu
I just put a pot of boiling water on a burner within probe distance (my charcoal/gas grill has a gas stovetop style burner) and set the probe in the water, 3/4 submerged typical of probe length that would be in the meat. I played with the offset temp degree settings in the controller until the probe read 203* then tested the boiling water with the instant temp gauge and it confirmed the 203* temperature. The read out reacts instantly when the offset is changed so the process was fairly quick and easy.

Thermo Pro Tp20 is my go 2. Accurate readings and 2 probes. Purchased on amazon and it's worked great long cooks short cooks does the trick. Had the weber Bluetooth mini and the range wasn't great always disconnected from my phone.

Sorry about the late reply. These instructions are what I found on line for the D2 controller:

Meat Probe Calibration
  • There are two options under this setting – Calibrate Probe and Probe Offset
  • Calibrate Probe:place probe in ice water for 1 minute
  • Probe offset:Rotate the dial to adjust the probe temperature offset in 1° increments from -15°F to +15°F/-8°C to +8°C. The default setting is 0
  • Press the center of the dial to confirm and return to the Settings menu
I just put a pot of boiling water on a burner within probe distance (my charcoal/gas grill has a gas stovetop style burner) and set the probe in the water, 3/4 submerged typical of probe length that would be in the meat. I played with the offset temp degree settings in the controller until the probe read 203* then tested the boiling water with the instant temp gauge and it confirmed the 203* temperature. The read out reacts instantly when the offset is changed so the process was fairly quick and easy.
So...does this then affect the temps that the controller acquires?

Back