Wireless Temp Probe

Sirmol

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
What do people use? I have a pro 575....when the app starts to work again I’m wondering if Traeger’s own Wi-Fi probe is good to use or do people use others like meter? Or themopro?

cheers

I have problems with Traeger's temp settings and probe so I bought a Fireboard WIFI probe and rely on what it tells me. It sucks that you pay a lot for the grill then have to accessorize it to use it.

I have a Meater, and a Thermoworks Signals and they both are almost spot on to what the probes read on my Traeger P575 and IW650. (+/- a few degrees). I just confirm everything before pulling off the grill with my Thermapen just to be safe.

My smoker is the Pro 34. I bought the Weber iGrill for remote monitoring.

Just calibrated my probe and set a negative offset. Smoked my beef ribs today and temp was spot on compared to my thermopro!

Traegers probe needs some calibrating that’s for sure, but now I have it dialed in with my thermapen. I also have a meater, and a thermaworks dot. I enjoy using all of them for different items I’m cooking

I don't believe that I can calibrate mine on my Pro 575, other than maybe the meat probe in a cup of ice water.

I don't believe that I can calibrate mine on my Pro 575, other than maybe the meat probe in a cup of ice water.
if you do have the ability itll be in the controller settings under the meat probe. Play around with it, maybe you do have some settings for it. But you will need a cup of ice water.

What do people use? I have a pro 575....when the app starts to work again I’m wondering if Traeger’s own Wi-Fi probe is good to use or do people use others like meter? Or themopro?

cheers
I use a Meater +,

if you do have the ability itll be in the controller settings under the meat probe. Play around with it, maybe you do have some settings for it. But you will need a cup of ice water.
Jp- I have a Timberline 1300 and the stock probe is about 20 Degrees higher than my pen. I would like to recalibrate as you mention. Do you have specific instructions that you have used for setting negative offset correctly? Thanks!

Jp- I have a Timberline 1300 and the stock probe is about 20 Degrees higher than my pen. I would like to recalibrate as you mention. Do you have specific instructions that you have used for setting negative offset correctly? Thanks!
I did mine a couple weeks back so its hard to remember exactly what I did step by step. I remember when I calibrated mine, it was out 18 degrees or so. Calibration brought it to 5F out and set the offset. If you play around with your settings, you should be able to fumble your way through it. Should look like this to begin with:
1580238446015.png

Go into probe and just follow along, its pretty straight forward. If your Wifire app is working, you will be able to see the temperature changes live when viewing the app. The owners manual doesn't have info on how to calibrate from what I've read....
If you have issues, let me know and ill turn mine one and do a step by step :)

I did mine a couple weeks back so its hard to remember exactly what I did step by step. I remember when I calibrated mine, it was out 18 degrees or so. Calibration brought it to 5F out and set the offset. If you play around with your settings, you should be able to fumble your way through it. Should look like this to begin with:
View attachment 1062
Go into probe and just follow along, its pretty straight forward. If your Wifire app is working, you will be able to see the temperature changes live when viewing the app. The owners manual doesn't have info on how to calibrate from what I've read....
If you have issues, let me know and ill turn mine one and do a step by step :)
Perfect, I agree, owners manual doesn’t say much.. Thanks for your help!, I’ll try it tonight.

I use ThermoWorks Dot and Thermo Pop which work well. I calibrate grill probe with boiling water and its spot on... You dont cook with 32 degree so not sure why its suggested.

cheers
I got a wireless 4 prob set on Amazon. I don't remember the brand name but was almost right on with the Traegar prob. All worked well.

Calibrating it to boiling water using the offset is closer to cooking temperatures than ice water. I just did the ice water method then used boiling water and adjusted the offset to 203* at boil. Water boils at 203* at my elevation and I confirmed the temp with a digital instant temp gauge. The meat probe was 10* low before adjusting the offset.

Latest Discussions

Back