WiFire on a PC?

DVSCYCLES

Reaction score
Grill
TIMBERLINE 850
Just bought a Timberline 850 and do not have a smart phone to connect to it. Is there a way to use it from my PC running Windows 10?

If you have a FireBoard it runs on on Win 10 ( Fireboard.io) makes a good addition to a 850....
1604439881785.png

Do you have a tablet running Android or an iPad or even a newer iPod Touch?

If you have a FireBoard it runs on on Win 10 ( Fireboard.io)

Just have Desktop and a laptop with Windows 10.

Do you have a tablet running Android or an iPad or even a newer iPod Touch?

If you have a FireBoard it runs on on Win 10 ( Fireboard.io)

Just have Desktop and a laptop with Windows 10.
Good chance to get an android "Fire Tablet" for real cheap from Amazon on black Friday

Just bought a Timberline 850 and do not have a smart phone to connect to it. Is there a way to use it from my PC running Windows 10?

Lots of Android emulators out there that you can install and then run the Traeger App ... I personally use BlueStacks, but there are a lot of options out there ...

Good chance to get an android "Fire Tablet" for real cheap from Amazon on black Friday

Last time I tried to install the Traeger App on a Google Play sideloaded Amazon Fire Tablet, it said the device was not supported ... will try again and verify (have Fire 8 HD and Fire 10 HDs available) ... EDIT - just confirmed that the Traeger App is not available via the Amazon AppStore, so side loading via Google Play is the only option with those devices, except that the Traeger App flags them as unsupported and will not install ...

Last time I tried to install the Traeger App on a Google Play sideloaded Amazon Fire Tablet, it said the device was not supported ... will try again and verify (have Fire 8 HD and Fire 10 HDs available) ... EDIT - just confirmed that the Traeger App is not available via the Amazon AppStore, so side loading via Google Play is the only option with those devices, except that the Traeger App flags them as unsupported and will not install ...
Whoops, sorry about that! I have side loaded some stuff on mine but didn't check this.

Tried blue stacks but was painfully slow and lagging at every step
even though I have a really fast internet speed.
Am I doing something wrong?
After 2 days of trying to navigate it I uninstalled it.

Tried blue stacks but was painfully slow and lagging at every step
even though I have a really fast internet speed.
Am I doing something wrong?
After 2 days of trying to navigate it I uninstalled it.

BlueStacks is fairly resource intensive, so I have found that I sometimes have to launch it after a reboot in order to get it to run as expected.

One of my friends uses MEmu for Android emulation, so that is another option to consider (I haven’t tried it …) -

Both BlueStacks and MEmu are focused on running games, so they have fairly demanding requirements (RAM, CPU, etc.) …

Internet speed is generally irrelevant since the emulator is running locally on your computer. What are the hardware specs of your Windows 10 computer (Processor Type, RAM, etc.)?

There are quite a few support documents available on their website for troubleshooting performance related issues - here is one regarding enabling virtualization within Windows 10 - https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/e...Virtualization-on-Windows-10-for-BlueStacks-4

I am also running BlueStacks on a 2012 Mac Mini (macOS 10.14.6) as well, but I have to be sure there is enough available memory and cpu threads, else it will give me an error regarding lack of resources, and will not launch …

Last edited:
Internet speed is generally irrelevant since the emulator is running locally on your computer. What are the hardware specs of your Windows 10 computer (Processor Type, RAM, etc.)?

Windows 10 on Intel Core i3-2130 CPU 3.40 GHz 6 GB Ram.

Windows 10 on Intel Core i3-2130 CPU 3.40 GHz 6 GB Ram.

I am guessing the Core i3 (Dual Core) is the primary issue - that processor is not geared to advanced gaming, and BlueStacks is definitely wanting more horsepower ... the RAM is less of an issue ... I have found BlueStacks to work quite well on Quad Core i5 or greater processors along with a minimum of 8GB of RAM ... the 2012 Mac Mini I use is a Quad Core i7 with 16GB of RAM and I have to close out most apps and have 5-8GB of available memory in order for it to launch without potentially failing (which usually requires freeing up more RAM and relaunching) ...

Are both of your computers Core i3-based?

Latest Discussions

Back