WI-FI Problems with Timberline 1.300

SchnuppiDE

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Hello together,

I would now need your advice in order to understand.
I have here a Timberline 1.300, which I would like to connect to my wifi.
Here is a picture with it’s current Software version, etc.

Firmware.jpg

Now coming to my problem.
I do not succeed that the Timberline connects to my Fritzbox.
- The WLAN signal is good and adequate
- It also finds my home wifi
- It also seems to connect successfully
At the end the APP, which is also the current version, stops at the following step (see picture)

Error message in English:
Password being send to grill.

I have also already reinstalled the APP, then I also tried a different mobile phone (Android instead of iOS)
It always stops at this point and then I interrupt after 30 minutes.
What else can I do?

Errormessage.jpg

Thanks for your help!

You may need a Minimum of 2.00.00 on your controller, get a hold of Treager,have them send you a controller with a newer SW load. Mine was Manufactured in April of 2020 with Firmware of 2.00.00 and a config file of 7.005 Loaded the Grill into the App with the Password and with in about 30 min Firmware T2.00.03 and a Config of 07.006....

First of all, apologies für the late reply.
I only came about today to test it.

Well I only use the 2.4 Ghz network, I even reconfigure the router so that it only sends packages with 2.4 Ghz.

Thanks for the hint to upgrade the firmware. Should there not be installed old firmware in the first place?

A question on that.

Can the firmware update only be made with a new controller. In that case I call my dealer? Or is it possible to do the firmware update by oneself

Thanks!

First of all, apologies für the late reply.
I only came about today to test it.

Well I only use the 2.4 Ghz network, I even reconfigure the router so that it only sends packages with 2.4 Ghz.

Thanks for the hint to upgrade the firmware. Should there not be installed old firmware in the first place?

A question on that.

Can the firmware update only be made with a new controller. In that case I call my dealer? Or is it possible to do the firmware update by oneself

Thanks!
Unfortunately no, there is no way to update firmware in the field off-line with a laptop etc. It must be at a high enough version to update via network.

When Traeger upgraded their servers and app, only connected units made the jump to newer firmware. Un-sold units in store inventories got left behind. Traeger support sends updated controllers as needed to any customers with these units.

Back