Who else leaves thier Traeger unattended?

Rodney007

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
Does anyone leave thier Traeger on and leave the house?

I personally do, I make aure its at least 2M away from any walls or flamable objects buy I often go out for 3 or 4 hours at a time during the day on long smokes.

I do!

I have it under a security camera so I can keep an eye on the temp via the Traeger app and visually through my camera ;)

I also keep it about 12-15ft away from the house.

Never had an issue.

Same here. I usually leave it for a hour or two. Never had a issue.

I do now without any worries after I made the changes that I have posted. the outside never gets above ambient temp anymore. And the inside is good to over 5000F. The only possible problem could be an electrical fire from the cord or a controller or something.

I leave the house on occasion for short periods of time while cooking. I monitor the grill via the WIFI from my cell phone. The grill is approximately 10 feet from the house.

I have walked to the shops a couple of times with the Traeger cooking. I watch it on the app as I walk. But I only do it when my wife is still at home, just in case. I could shut it down from wherever but that may not stop a fire.

It's a solid steel containment vessel, I let it rip, home or away. Long cooks are low temps as well.
Agreed. I’m never too far when cooking above 350 but low and slow is fine. I’ve done briskets and big chuck roasts overnight and have been fine.

Absolutely without hesitation. Leave for multiple hours or go to bed.

I have left mine to cook as I sleep as well as being gone out of the house for a couple of hours. Only on lower temps for smoking

When grilling, safety is very important. Keep away from flammable materials and people cannot walk away to ensure safety.

Last edited:
I do the “weekday brisket “, move the Traeger 1-2 M or so from a concrete wall, fill the hopper, set it at 200 w/SS and go to bed.. On the other hand if I am over 300 degrees, I am usually with in 20ft and have my app with me...

Latest Discussions

Back