What's your 'go-to' instant read Thermometer???

I will also add, since items like the Thermapen that use a AAA battery, that lasts a really long time, PLEASE replace the battery with an Eveready Lithium AAA, do it now.

AAA's are really bad about leaking, on any valuable unit like this, use Lithium, they last even longer but more important, they NEVER leak. I learned the hard way years ago, ruined a few prized tools. In the last 10 years using only Lithiums I am fully confident that they are the only way to go.

I have a Thermopro thats over 25 years old perfect temperature. Just bought an MK4. Retiring old red. For no good reason.

My goto poker is the https://thermapen.co.uk/thermapen-thermometers/149-thermapen-professional-pistachio.html - Always found the unpopular colours can be picked up cheaper. Also came with a glow in the dark rubber boot, and a nice little kit of a basting brush, tongs, and a silicone mat.

I've got a Meater Block as well, used to use that on the Bronson all the time, but as I only got the Pro 780 last week I haven't tried it in the new beast yet. At least the new 780 has approval from the boss !
2020-09-26 11.42.23.jpg

I know, I bought it due to reputation. I had an older model. Which still works. No leaking battery. I have changed battery several times thinking I may have put battery in wrong. It works sometimes and other times, the display goes out. I shake it and sometimes it works. Other times, it will go out or won’t come back on. Usually when I need it most, lol. I just hate to spring for a new one and it’s out of warranty. I’m sure I just have the luck of a bad one. Thanks for your response.
I actually contacted Thermoworks about my MK4, they gave me the option to replace it for a discount or have it repaired. I bought a Inkbird thinking this might be just as good. Instead, I was cooking my hand waiting for the temp to read. I'm getting a new MK4, which is worth the money. The support was excellent and responsive.

Back