What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Nice job, you gonna love the BLEND, simple but makes everything pop.
Lemme know how you like the sugar free and the organic, I've never seen them so you made out pretty good
Tried the sugar free today, it was really good. They were sampling it on beef meatballs. Smell and flavor are really good

Salmon tonight from Dizzy Pig. This recipe will make you look like Chef Ramsey to your family. It's a family favorite. Picked up a nice Norwegian farm raised filet at Costco.

Looks wonderful. I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Wings!

1657581273800.png

So, I did something we don't usually do here on this forum, but guys do this sometimes exclusively.

FAST n' HOT Brisket

fastbrisket.JPG

20220724_084004.jpg

I used a SPECIAL RUB!!

20220724_172512.jpg

20220724_172542.jpg

20220724_172624.jpg

20220724_172627.jpg

20220724_172934.jpg

Pros and Cons

ProsCons
Done in 7 hours and it was a monsterFlat was a little too much like just roast beef, but it was lean as hell
The juiciest and wettest Brisket I've ever doneno smoke ring, (I didn't use any smoke tube tho)
Fat cap UP was a huge help to the cookoverall flavor not a real smoky event, but still so dam good
Obviously less pellets
Bark was still great and the cook smelled awesome bcuz of the higher heat

So this is doable without ruining a $55 piece of meat, bcuz I ate it like no tomorrow!!!
It will have a great bark (Thanks to my "SPECIAL RUB") and every bite is a good one, it just won't have a penetrated smoke flavor since it only took 4 hours till I wrapped.

I'll do it again in a minute, but I'll use my double smoke tubes next time

So, I did something we don't usually do here on this forum, but guys do this sometimes exclusively.

FAST n' HOT Brisket

View attachment 9827

View attachment 9828

I used a SPECIAL RUB!!

View attachment 9829

View attachment 9830

View attachment 9832

View attachment 9833

View attachment 9834

Pros and Cons

ProsCons
Done in 7 hours and it was a monsterFlat was a little too much like just roast beef, but it was lean as hell
The juiciest and wettest Brisket I've ever doneno smoke ring, (I didn't use any smoke tube tho)
Fat cap UP was a huge help to the cookoverall flavor not a real smoky event, but still so dam good
Obviously less pellets
Bark was still great and the cook smelled awesome bcuz of the higher heat

So this is doable without ruining a $55 piece of meat, bcuz I ate it like no tomorrow!!!
It will have a great bark (Thanks to my "SPECIAL RUB") and every bite is a good one, it just won't have a penetrated smoke flavor since it only took 4 hours till I wrapped.

Awesome! Why was fat cap up a “huge“ help?

hot and fast won’t over render all the fat and juices out of your final product.

Nice work.

Thanks for doing this! I have been meaning to try this but was worried about ruining it. An overnight cook is not always possible, so it is good to know that we can do this in a pinch. Also, thanks for posting the FireBoard session.

Thanks for doing this! I have been meaning to try this but was worried about ruining it. An overnight cook is not always possible, so it is good to know that we can do this in a pinch. Also, thanks for posting the FireBoard session.
Exactly, but again, I got lazy with the smoke tubes. If I'd have used them for the first 4 hours till wrap, it might have been a damn good brisket with all those juices.

hot and fast won’t over render all the fat and juices out of your final product.
Exactly, it worked perfectly

Thinking to gather some of my old school friends at my house for a BBQ party tonight. Hoping for the plan to get accomplished.

I just spied a Weller. All good 😊 Excellent collection

Latest Discussions

Back