What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Wilbur was a crowd pleaser. So tender and moist.
20220618_192603.jpg20220618_192611.jpg
20220618_194206.jpg
20220618_194936.jpg

Woke up and bark was killer, probed once at 167, time to wrap with only 1 coffee in me.
Got paper tallowed, then lost my half jar off the deck... slipped outta my hand!!! Added some Kinders to the tallow and back on grill for a 250 bath

1655641927880.png

1655641951742.png

I'm still getting spikes, but they are only 15° this run instead of 25 the last run.... it did the job overnight so I'm not real wigged out

1655642075881.png

I think a different PELLET change is in order, these past 2 40lb bags have had some pellets that are over an inch long
I'm gonna go get a different pellet than PitBoss and try another long smoke

My Lowes carries Bear Mountain and it's on a good sale!!! I'm getting 6 bags

Woke up and bark was killer, probed once at 167, time to wrap with only 1 coffee in me.
Got paper tallowed, then lost my half jar off the deck... slipped outta my hand!!! Added some Kinders to the tallow and back on grill for a 250 bath

View attachment 9678

View attachment 9679

I'm still getting spikes, but they are only 15° this run instead of 25 the last run.... it did the job overnight so I'm not real wigged out

View attachment 9680

I think a different PELLET change is in order, these past 2 40lb bags have had some pellets that are over an inch long

My local Lowe's carries Bear Mountain Bourbon Oak and Gourmet BBQ. I finished up a bag of Gourmet BBQ on yesterday's rib cook. Time to restock.

View attachment 9679
It sounds like you need two cups of coffee before starting your cook. LOL.

I like Kinder's Mild BBQ Sauce. How spicy is the dry rub? I can take a little heat, but cannot tolerate a lot of hot pepper.

8 am this morning, brisket lookin good.
FE44C37D-F764-44D2-BE4B-F4E9EA185E6A.jpeg

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!

Good for you Jake, that looks awesome.
Was it mostly a "ham" flavor all over? That's what it looks like.
I'm just curious if you got different tastes from different areas.

View attachment 9674View attachment 9675View attachment 9676View attachment 9677
It was more like complete pulled pork. No ham flavor because it isn't cured. Smoke had penetrated to give some great color into the ham and shoulder portions. The texture is 'buttery' and the meat melts in your mouth. Imagine pulled pork on an ultimate level. The meat is so much nicer than doing a butt or shoulder. It is by far the best pulled pork I have ever done.
I was surprised as there is a fair amount of meat on that size pig. I would definitely do this again. The most difficult part is handling the carcass through the process

Last edited:

View attachment 9678

View attachment 9679

View attachment 9680

Those spikes look like what I got that one time. It was caused by airflow on mine. Overloaded the top shelf and air couldn't circulate properly. You should double check on your air circulation, something is giving you problems.
I am envious at all the different styles of Kinder's rubs you have down there.

Imagine pulled pork on an ultimate level. The meat is so much nicer than doing a butt or shoulder. It is by far the best pulled pork I have ever done.
Now that's worth every "dime and time" put into it...
This is on my DO list soon

I am envious at all the different styles of Kinder's rubs you have down there.
Go to Sam's website, pick them out, I'll ship you whatever you want.
I'll bet me shipping to you is way cheaper than anything else.
Or maybe it's not worth it?

3+ pound tomahawk. Pics later.

Go to Sam's website, pick them out, I'll ship you whatever you want.
I'll bet me shipping to you is way cheaper than anything else.
Or maybe it's not worth it?
Thanks, I am actually headed to the US for July 4th. First time in my life being in the US for a 4th. Hoping to get into Costco and a few BBQ places. Going to have a truckload heading home, and I'll be broke.
But if I can't find anything I will get back to you figure out the costs in shipping stuff

Thanks, I am actually headed to the US for July 4th. First time in my life being in the US for a 4th. Hoping to get into Costco and a few BBQ places. Going to have a truckload heading home, and I'll be broke.
But if I can't find anything I will get back to you figure out the costs in shipping stuff
Kinders is at Sam's, I've also got a costco card but don't know if Kinder's is there.

Back