What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

I ordered some of the rolled American Wagyu gold ribeye caps from Snake River farms and made them this weekend also... Those were the best tasting steaks I've ever had. The bigger ribeye in the middle came from Publix.

View attachment 4565
Yep it’s a premium price but they are so good. My son got the rolled caps about 2 months ago he didn’t shut up for 2 weeks saying How good they was

As per my pulled pork above. The fat isn't splitting, but it only covered about 2/3 of the pork when I started... The fat is finally loosening up out of the rubber stage. When I started writing this I was going to wrap it immediately, but now I think I'm going to wait one last 45 minutes (I've been moisturizing with apple cider and gauging temp every 45). Lowest temp I got was right about 170, highest perhaps 175.

As per my pulled pork above. The fat isn't splitting, but it only covered about 2/3 of the pork when I started... The fat is finally loosening up out of the rubber stage. When I started writing this I was going to wrap it immediately, but now I think I'm going to wait one last 45 minutes (I've been moisturizing with apple cider and gauging temp every 45). Lowest temp I got was right about 170, highest perhaps 175.
Very nice looking bark on them they will be great

Very nice looking bark on them they will be great
Hope so. Just added a couple cups of juice and wrapped in aluminum pans. The smaller one felt like I had over dehydrated it, but I took a tiny nibble and it tasted amazing. We'll see.

I'm suspecting I have uneven heating issues -- I had trouble with the aluminum I lined my drip tray with. Will debug at cleanup.

Also, I put the smoke tube UNDER the drip try, on top of quad folded aluminum foil. Curious to see if it made a mess, but I bet it is fine.

Veggies on the grill now. I’m getting hungry!
726332C9-5C9D-4D19-92FE-9F725B6A9451.jpeg

Good Job GM, was that at about 400°??

Good Job GM, was that at about 400°??

Cranked the ol' Century 22 up to 450 at the end (but it never made it that high). It turns out great on the Traeger since there is no flare up due to the butter dripping off it like it does on the Big Green Egg.

Just a NOTE on a cook:
I did simple hamburgers, took a 1lb of meat, added 1 egg, chopped onions, a little bbq sauce, and Williams Hamburger Spice.
Quartered and flatted out to 4-5 in round, on Traeger for 1 hour at 185°, they were firm but needed that last shot of higher heat.
Took it up to 275° for a few minutes and added cheese. These babies were great. They kept their EXACT shape, didn't swell up at all.
I took them to 140 IT (not on purpose) but should have stopped a little before that because as thin as they were they were done.
They had great flavor and as flat as they stayed could have been doctored with all kinds of toppings to make monster burgers.
Next time...

Hmm, simple burgers. Great idea Slim. These are pre-pattied by the HEB butcher section. 80/20 ground chuck. I set the Traeger to 375 and put em on, then spritz some soy sauce followed by McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning. Cook for 10-12 minutes, then flip and another dose of seasoning. I pull them at 145 internal since they are fresh ground.

Simple Burgers.jpg

OH great, another HEB food post again... and now depression sets in... 🥵

Anyway, GOOD JOB GM, those look awesome

I tried a few new things last night.

- Tri tip seasoned with Bearded Butcher Black @ 225 (hickory) until IT hit 125
- Pulled meat and ramped temp to 500. I bought a new Lodge cast iron griddle and put this in the grill to heat
- Seared on the cast iron @ 500 for about 4 mins on each side (a little longer than my preference but the wife was happy).
- When I pulled the meat waiting for the temp ramp I put about a tablespoon of the Wagu Beef Tallow from a previous thread on to melt and covered with foil. I put this side down first on the cast iron and then put another tablespoon or so on the other side.

I cooked this with the Parm Cauliflower (previous thread), made some homemade bread on the bread machine, and enjoyed with a decent bottle of red.

IMG_9466.jpg

OK, I am a brand new novice with my Silverton 810 as of 3/5/2021. After a thorough review of all the setup and seasoning procedures, I tried 3" filet mignon steaks. I like a good sear on the outside and then slow cook to desired internal temp (medium rare to rare). The recipe I found on the Traeger site indicated 6-8 minutes on each side to 140* internal temp. Even using the probe, I didn't get to the targeted temp until nearly 30 minutes. All the while the temp gauge was reading 424*. And I NEVER go the sear I looking for. WHAT DID I DO WRONG AND HOW DO I GET THE SEAR I DESIRE?!?!?

Back