What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Beef Ribs tonight.
Great looking ribs. Apart from the butcher a Lara I have trouble finding Beef short ribs. The local butchers all seem to have Beef back ribs. Did you get yours close?

Beef Ribs tonight.

4 bone plate about 1.5 Kg (3lb), fat cap was trimmed to about 6mm (¼”) dry brined and covered overnight in the fridge, Meatheads Big Bad Beef Rub i use this on all my Beef cooks great flavour and bark. Lumberjack Competition pallets, temp set to 105C (225F) with Super smoke on. When the temp stalled I raised the temp to 120C I did not wrap the ribs, removed @ IT of 95C (203F) 12.5 hours cook duration wrapped in foil and placed in the cooler for an hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200907-074523_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-074523_FireBoard.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 23
Brats are done on time. Everything else looking good. It'll be done in less than hour then rest time then dinner !!

Attachments

• 20200906_164941.jpg
    20200906_164941.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200906_165240.jpg
    20200906_165240.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 67
Labor Day Chicken Wings.

Coated in peanut oil and dusted with Meat Church The Gospel All Purpose Rub. These will marinate till later this afternoon before hitting the Traeger for a smoke bath before crisping at the end.

Labor Day wings.jpeg

I'm doin legs on my WeberQ waiting for my Traeger... didn't wanna fire up my OKJoe in this freakin HEAT and Humidity...

20200907_154732.jpg

20200907_154738.jpg

Got pellets in the smoke box... they will start soon.
I need to customize that with more holes and it will be an addon to this and the Traeger

Brats are done on time. Everything else looking good. It'll be done in less than hour then rest time then dinner !!
When you fill your grill up like that do you rotate your stuff around or put the larger pieces in a particular spot? My Pro 575 is warmer on the left side so I put the thicker pieces over there and move the around if I need to.

Well, this is my 5th cook, 3rd with it working properly. So not really, still kinda new to me.
I do turn it front to rear though, dont have a reason why. Ive just always done it that way, even in my charcoal/wood smoker. And i temp everything periodically.

Mmmm. Turned out great. Nice & Crispy too.

View attachment 2436
I am new to this thread and new to my traeger smoker grill. I made a nice rub last night for my wings...set my grill at 350 and tossed my wings on for an hour and they were rubbery? I had to toss them on my grill to finish them to be crispy. what did I do wrong in my traeger?

I am new to this thread and new to my traeger smoker grill. I made a nice rub last night for my wings...set my grill at 350 and tossed my wings on for an hour and they were rubbery? I had to toss them on my grill to finish them to be crispy. what did I do wrong in my traeger?
I've found the best way to get crispy skin chicken is to buy a set of GrillGrates and cook at 500 degrees skin side down on the plancha side.

You didn't really do anything wrong... tossing them on the grill to crisp them is not the end of the world...
But I did wings that were outstanding, 180ish for 45 minutes for the smoke, then up to 375 for 40 minutes and they were almost full crispy but I tossed with a little hot sauce, put them back on for a few minutes and LOVED THEM.... IMO no need to do 500*, 400 yeah but I'll probably NEVER crank my grill to the 500 level

Back