What's cooking today? 🔥 Pics are necessary!

Rump roast like a brisket, pork belly like a brisket, pork belly burnt ends, drumsticks, bacon wrapped non stuffed chicky thighs, garlic potatoes in the tin.
1F28BDD4-3276-497E-8CAF-CCCE0FD2C529.jpeg

I wanna know how that turned out. You took it to 200° IT... what was it like?
Interested as well...
I have been tempted to SousVide one at 130 for 30 hours and then cooling overnight and then smoking at 225° until it gets to 130 again.
I did that brisket that way and it was great

I wanna know how that turned out. You took it to 200° IT... what was it like?
Better than my chuck roasts have been turning out. Everyone like it way better and it didn’t quite taste like roast beef. I say it’s a win!

The star of the night though was the pork belly like a brisket. I was told I’m doing it more often.

The pork belly burnt ends I over cooked.

The garlic taters drummers and thigh came out perfect.
DBC6AE81-A3C6-41A6-9F37-4EA540409F04.jpeg

Love doing my fish this way, this makes about 6 times and I've never had a fail yet. always juicy but totally done and flaky.

View attachment 10181

I normally cook my fish on the Traeger using cedar planks, but your reports of the inverted aluminum pan has definitely piqued my curiosity. I will have to try your method soon.

So Pork Loins were on sale and I bought one, about 10 lbs. The wife cut it and sliced it up for a bunch of meals. She also cut 2 roasts out of it. I tried this on the 2 pound one today. I brined it in apple juice, brown sugar and salt. I stuffed it with a hunk of Andouille Sausage, rubbed it with my Rib Rub and put it on my smoker. It turned out awesome.

Attachments

• B05DE555-A975-4B02-A38E-C6BA17FCE9EC.jpeg
    B05DE555-A975-4B02-A38E-C6BA17FCE9EC.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 9
I rarely run the Traeger hot but decided to do it tonight. Cauliflower, onions, garlic, seasonings, and parmigiana baked at 400 with some potatoes.

(Grill was set to 460 to run it at 400).
This sounds like a great meal

This sounds like a great meal
Forgot the picture!

It was really good. Wife sautéed some zucchini and peppers from the garden.

I have been laying low on meat the last year or so and this is a really good vegetarian meal. And if cooked correctly I really don’t miss the meat at all.

Texture and seasoning was all on target.

Back