What's cooking on your FlatRock or Griddle today? 🥞🥓🍔

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I wanted to get a dedicated thread going for FlatRock owners! Let's see what y'all are cooking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks today.

Do we have any Flatrock owners yet?

Does my Blackstone count if I had it before the flatrock existed?

New Flatrock owner here, and owner of a Pro 780 that I have loved for a few years. I came here looking for tips/tricks/suggestions and it’s pretty quiet…so I’ll add a few pics of my first cooks on the Flatrock this past week.
First up is my first attempt at smash burgers, and they turned out pretty great if I do say so myself!
IMG_2923.jpeg

And next up, a few pics of last weekend’s breakfast that was a huge hit with the family.
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg
IMG_2958.jpeg
IMG_2960.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing more meals from everyone else so I can get more ideas too!

When the Flatrock grills were first announced, they sounded impressive. However, when I finally got to inspect one at my local HD store, I was not impressed. If the price had been $600-700, I might have been interested. I was able to get a CharGriller Premium Flat Iron griddle for $500 less than the Flatrock. Is the Flatrock better than the Flat Iron Premium? Yes, it does have some extra bells and whistles than the Flat Iron. However, I do not think those added features are worth $500, at least not to me. I can cook anything on the Flat Iron that you could cook on a Flatrock. The $500 saved will buy a lot of accessories and meat for the freezer.

When the Flatrock grills were first announced, they sounded impressive. However, when I finally got to inspect one at my local HD store, I was not impressed. If the price had been $600-700, I might have been interested. I was able to get a CharGriller Premium Flat Iron griddle for $500 less than the Flatrock. Is the Flatrock better than the Flat Iron Premium? Yes, it does have some extra bells and whistles than the Flat Iron. However, I do not think those added features are worth $500, at least not to me. I can cook anything on the Flat Iron that you could cook on a Flatrock. The $500 saved will buy a lot of accessories and meat for the freezer.
Of course. Thanks for that.

My friend for one Friday and we cooked burgers and hot dogs on it Saturday for his daughters birthday. Not exactly rocket science. But he said he had breakfast on it that morning too.

Anyway…..it’s really solid. Much nicer than any Blackstone I have personally ran across

My Ironwood smoker and Flat Iron griddle sit on my deck a few feet from my back door. I have found that thet two complement each other well. Of course, the same might be said for any brand of smoker and any brand of griddle. When cooking steaks, you can either smoke them to about 125F on the smoker and then reverse sear them to final temp on the griddle or you can sear them first on the griddle and then smoke them to final temp on the smoker. Some folks prefer one way, others the opposite. On Saturday, I cooked three 1 pound CAB NY strips that were on sale at my local Meijer store for only $6.99. The steaks had great marbling and that is the least expensive price I have seen in quite a while. Usually, even the sale price is $8.99 - 9.99 and the normal price is even higher. My wife and I ate half of one steak and put the rest in the freezer for later consumption. They will be reheated Sous Vide.

Today is Memorial Day. I plan to cook burgers on the griddle.. As you celebrate with family and friends, please do not forget all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country so that you and I might be able to enjoy this day. Freedom for us, cost them and their families dearly.

Latest Discussions

Back