What type of smoker cleaner do you use?

No I have not had grease fires and the like. I take pride in my BB

Oops too fast on the draw!
No I have not had grease fires and the like. As I take pride in my BBq's, I keep them all clean after every cook. That way my smoker/bbq experiences have all been good and without incidents. Ever look into someone's oven that has never been cleaned? No very appealing is it? I feel the same about outside cookers. Anyway not going to condemn anyone who doesn't clean after each cook. Do whatever works for you!:giggle:

Agreed. I take pride and care of everything I own. I will never judge anyone for not cleaning their smoker, but my stuff will always be well cared for and clean. Everyone should do what works for them.

I use Spray Nine (4L @ ~$20.00) it cleans, degreases and disinfects your smoker surfaces. As a rule I clean the grates after every cook and, depending on the build-up, will clean the entire inside surfaces every 3-4 smokes, vacuum out the ash, and change the foil on the drip pan.
View attachment 9636

I looked up this product, and the company's product page says it's NSF C-1 rated. A C1 rating is for "Nonprocessing Area Products," meaning to be used in areas where food isn't processed. The NSF info notes: "This product is acceptable for use in inedible product processing areas, nonprocessing areas, and/or exterior areas of food processing establishments (C1) provided that it is not used to mask odors resulting from unsanitary conditions, and that any characteristic odor or fragrance does not penetrate into an edible product area. When used on equipment that will be returned to a food processing area, the product must be completely washed off and rinsed with potable water before returning to the processing area."

I've been using the Traeger brand, but after reading through this thread will probably switch it up. Good info here.

I see that everyone vacuums out the ash/dust…what kind of vacuum are you using? I used my shopvac but feel like every time I do the small particles of ash find their way thru the filter and have heard of actual ash vacuums that are small to use for getting all the ash. Anyone have any recommendations for one if they use one?

Thanks guys.

I see that everyone vacuums out the ash/dust…what kind of vacuum are you using? I used my shopvac but feel like every time I do the small particles of ash find their way thru the filter and have heard of actual ash vacuums that are small to use for getting all the ash. Anyone have any recommendations for one if they use one?

Thanks guys.
You can always look for a bag for your shop vac that is recommended/rated for drywall dust. Those bags will filter down to 0.1 micron

Thanks guys.
HD Buckethead vacuum. Fits on a HD bucket. About $40 all in.
Filters available online cheap too.

HD Buckethead vacuum. Fits on a HD bucket. About $40 all in.
Filters available online cheap too.
I recommend Buckethead as well. I use it only for the Traeger and is stored next to it. Cheap and effective.

Thanks guys.
I use a 1 gallon Shop Vac with the bag, so the ashes are contained.

I use Awesome when I clean mine. Works great at cutting grease. $3.50 @ Dollar General.

Attachments

• 4E1C0AD2-2B54-4282-92BA-7A75BD4B270F.png
    4E1C0AD2-2B54-4282-92BA-7A75BD4B270F.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 8
I would use a product that’s designed to be used in cooking applications. No reason to accidentally poison yourself or others.

Back