Welp... They said it would happen.. RIP paint and liner

It's weird. Most of the complaints I hear seem to be about the "higher end" Ironwood. My pro 780 has been used at least once a week (often more) for 2 years now, I often forget to cover it, it's sitting next to a salt pool, and it looks brand new. That being said, if I had the money, I'd get a Yoder.

Log on to the Yoder forums.
Same issues as all the others. Feed issues, pot spilling over, corrosion, wifi issues, over temp issues, warping issues.

Hey Guys. I am curious, Traeger owns Yoder so is the customer service with Yoder the same as Traeger?

Hey Guys. I am curious, Traeger owns Yoder so is the customer service with Yoder the same as Traeger?
Yoder is owned by Don Cary, USA made & a price to match.
Traeger is owned by Jeremy Andrus & is made in China

Oh my! Sorry I guess I had bad data. My Traeger guy at the store I purchased my IW 650 told me that. I have been telling folks bad info . Thanks for letting me know.

My 850 hasn't even arrived yet and I'm starting to think I picked the wrong grill. I take a lot of pride in keeping everything I purchase in tip top shape. If the paint bubbles on my brand new $2,300 pit I am going to lose it. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my order and buying a Yoder YS640s instead. It's more expensive, but I've seen no reviews indicating things like this with the Yoder. Is this paint bubbling a rare thing, or is it common? I can understand isolated problems, but if this is chronic I'm absolutely going to cancel the order.
If I were you, I’d cancel the order. Traeger’s aren’t what they used to be. Quality is down, customer service is down, the temperature controllers are junk.
If you can afford a better grill, go for it!
I’m on my second Traeger…it’ll be my last.

I was cooking a pizza on a stone at 500 degrees. Pizza turned out excellent... grill not so much :cry:

Mine caught fire a couple times when I cranked it for a reverse sear and since then I use a gasser for the sear part. No temps higher than 375 these days for the Ironwood as the gasser is next to it ready to sear when needed and no ramp up time.

I just got my 885 and I'm enjoying it. For me it's a slow cooker, so temp doesn't go higher than 425...i have other tools for that 😁. From all the stuff I've read it's the higher temp that causes problems with finish.

From everything I’ve seen and read the paint peeling happens, but isn’t common. I have a 1300 and really like it. No paint issues. Hasn’t ever clogged (knock on wood). My temp actually isn’t that far off either. The top rack is high, bottom tach is low, but the middle rack is pretty damn close. I’ve made many a pizzas at 450 and haven’t had an issue. Even in the rain. I can’t speak to the Yoder, but I’m very happy with my Traeger.

I just got my 885 and I'm enjoying it. For me it's a slow cooker, so temp doesn't go higher than 425...i have other tools for that 😁. From all the stuff I've read it's the higher temp that causes problems with finish.
I also did the steps to cure the paint...maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. :geek:

Post #6

I bought an Ironwood. A mistake.

I'd buy a Kamando Joe or anything else if i had a redo.

Latest Discussions

Back