Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread!

Hey All, new griller here. I got myself the pro 34 for Christmas and am so excited to start to learn to use it. I'm in Acworth, Georgia, a small town about 25 minutes north of Atlanta.

Had my Pro575 for a little over a month. Still new to pellet grills. Love mine so far. Still experimenting.

Hey All, new griller here. I got myself the pro 34 for Christmas and am so excited to start to learn to use it. I'm in Acworth, Georgia, a small town about 25 minutes north of Atlanta.
Welcome!

Hello,
Bought my husband the 575 wifi Traeger for Christmas! I put it together and ended up making the first meal on it last night. I am a bit frustrated because I calibrated the probe per instructions and found it to be 20 degrees off plus the internal temperature of the 575 appears to be off. I smoked a whole chicken and it was to take an hour at 375 but it took an hour and half. I had to us my digital kitchen thermometer to make sure the chicken was at the right temp of 160. Needless to say this has dampened my spirits and enthusiasm so far.

Just realized i haven't done this. Lol
Got my Traeger Pro 780 for fathers day 2020, had issues with it and found this forum.
Got most of the issues resolved with Traeger CS and members of the forum.
I've been cooking on my smoker for about 7 years before i got the Traeger, i started late in life, im 57 now. I started on a Char griller i picked up and put together for cheap. Did a few mods to it. Im mostly self taught in the art of smoking meats. So there is alot for me to learn yet.

I’m in the UK in Carlisle which is in the north and just 8 miles from the Scottish border. I have a couple of Weber grills a Mastertouch and a charcoal summit grilling centre both of which I love. I got a great bargain on a nearly new Ironwood 650 which I found on eBay and turned out the guy selling it reviews grills for magazines and websites. I paid only £630 which is pretty much a 50% discount here and included two bags of pellets and a cover. I had to travel 250 miles each way to collect it but it was well with it. My first cook was yesterday and I did a couple of racks of ribs and a chicken - turned out really great and I’m looking forward to many more successful cooks.

Attachments

• 0E9955A4-25B4-46E1-AA2C-D8785E34C238.jpeg
    0E9955A4-25B4-46E1-AA2C-D8785E34C238.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 15
I’m in the UK in Carlisle which is in the north and just 8 miles from the Scottish border. I have a couple of Weber grills a Mastertouch and a charcoal summit grilling centre both of which I love. I got a great bargain on a nearly new Ironwood 650 which I found on eBay and turned out the guy selling it reviews grills for magazines and websites. I paid only £630 which is pretty much a 50% discount here and included two bags of pellets and a cover. I had to travel 250 miles each way to collect it but it was well with it. My first cook was yesterday and I did a couple of racks of ribs and a chicken - turned out really great and I’m looking forward to many more successful cooks.
Nice deal in the grill. Sure you'll get lots of use on it.
Looks like you may have your racks in backwards from the view in your pictures

Looks like you may have your racks in backwards from the view
DUDE, he's from the UK, everything is backwards over there. 🤣

(actually that is to keep things from rolling off the front) in other words, they can be used either way

Congrats on the new Ironwood and welcome to the forum! 🍻

Hi, I’m Seth in western North Carolina. I’ve been smoking for 20+ years. First on two bullet smokers that I wore out. Then on to a COS. I just ordered my first Traeger 3 days ago. I’m getting the pro 575 and I’m really excited about it. I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello.

Hi, I’m Seth in western North Carolina. I’ve been smoking for 20+ years. First on two bullet smokers that I wore out. Then on to a COS. I just ordered my first Traeger 3 days ago. I’m getting the pro 575 and I’m really excited about it. I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello.

Welcome to the forum. I bet the anticipation is crazy waiting for it to arrive. Please peruse the forum, look at questions and the answers and absorb a bunch of knowledge before you put that puppy together. Loads of good info here.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Good evening,
I’m Stephen, active duty Navy stationed in DC but originally from Irmo, SC. I’ve had my pro 22 for close to a year now with no issues. I even got lucky and stumbled across the steer head smoke stack before they all disappeared! I also got lucky behind the same ace hardware and found a mostly stripped ironwood 885 that the controller went bad on and the plan is to now slowly collect parts on a budget to put it back together and smoking. (If anyone base parts please pm me, need fans, auger, motor, and auger box).
Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• E3E71C05-0C7F-4DED-ACDE-DCF4CA41C184.jpeg
    E3E71C05-0C7F-4DED-ACDE-DCF4CA41C184.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 894AC5DC-24A4-4CA1-9D40-D8EBD098B339.jpeg
    894AC5DC-24A4-4CA1-9D40-D8EBD098B339.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 14

Welcome to the forum @Sethbcole 🍻 Congrats on the new Traeger!

Back