Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread!

What’s up well I invested in the century from Costco great price so far and extremely great investment it ruined eating out for my family and I all the way down to the burgers I know it says to cook them in 500 but I always bring them down from the 500 to 350 and they always get some smoke flavor kids and wife love them, but today I’m excited about pulling my 2 briskets off the traeger I have them sitting side by side one 22 pound and 19 pound and what makes it odd is that the 22 pound is cooking faster it’s on the left side of the smoker “I ain’t mad” I’m just wondering and hope it it comes out the same I will be pulling it off at 204 prove reading still and just let the other smoke a bit more since they have a 10 degree difference what do you all think about that though?
E66AA167-8035-431A-9255-9756FDDE689D.jpeg

I'd go by temp, the experts seem to be able to just poke, flex, probe to perfection but I don't yet have that "meat sense". Maybe rotating them would have helped the balance, then again every cut can be different as well.

Yup next time when I wrap I will rotate this is the finished product also forgot to take pics of them when we cut them they just fell apart, the one on the right had to stay in for 5 hours longer going to have to watch my grill and figure it out I’m looking to smoke 3 turkeys for thanksgiving

Attachments

• 85CF7882-4840-43AE-99B0-67EB23C205DC.jpeg
    85CF7882-4840-43AE-99B0-67EB23C205DC.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 0D71E51A-B2E3-403B-9BEA-6B2424FFFD34.jpeg
    0D71E51A-B2E3-403B-9BEA-6B2424FFFD34.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to the forum @Crow - Congrats on some great looking briskets!

Hello all. Just upgraded from a lil tex to a Century 885 grill. Should have done some research and got one from a dealer and not a Costco one. Is there a compatible grill cover?

Hello all. Just upgraded from a lil tex to a Century 885 grill. Should have done some research and got one from a dealer and not a Costco one. Is there a compatible grill cover?
When I bought mine from Costco online it came with a cover. I bought mine in June 2020. Call Traeger support and order one. The Century accessories are not as easy to find on their site as the others.

When I bought mine from Costco online it came with a cover. I bought mine in June 2020. Call Traeger support and order one. The Century accessories are not as easy to find on their site as
When I bought mine from Costco online it came with a cover. I bought mine in June 2020. Call Traeger support and order one. The Century accessories are not as easy to find on their site as the others.
Customer service hooked me up quick. One thing I forgot to inquire about was the front folding shelf. Did you get one that was from another model?

A hardy welcome to all from California, previously. After a lot of research I have decided to go with Traeger... I started with a silverton had temp control problems, then did more research and went with a timberline and have not looked back. Other than a gradient in the smoker it is all that one could wish for. I decided I would look for a forum dedicated to Traeger and that is what led me here. I hope to get a lot of information from the members of this forum. So far most informative...

Greetings from VA. We were gifted our Pro 575 a few weeks ago. So far have done two pork butts, two tri tips, pork tenderloin and tonight is flat iron steak and salted potatoes. Am looking forward to learning as much as I can about my grill, smoking, and becoming proficient at my new hobby.

Hi everyone,
My awesome girlfriend bought me an Ironwood 650 for my birthday! We have used the grill every night so far. Hope to learn some new things from this site.

Welcome

My wife surprised me with a century 885 for Christmas. Already purchased a shelf, pellet sensor, and injector based on forum recommendations. I had been looking at pellet grills for several years to replace my old Ok Joe’s smoker so I’m looking forward to setting up and getting started. I've used propane, charcoal, and wood/chunk for 35 years so i’m excited to have so much control over the cook.

Welcome to the forum!

Back