Help! Weird behavior

Hello just got my new TL850 ran it through the Seasoning Your Grill no noticeable issues at all - next day happened to find the exterior powder coating was blistering up and also have had a couple of other issues actually for the $1799 plus cover nearly $1900 expenditure was expecting this thing to look and perform like the Cadillac Traeger Rep called it - I am not a happy camper right now

Attachments

• TL850 Downdraft discoloring after seasoning smoker process.jpg
    TL850 Downdraft discoloring after seasoning smoker process.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 54
  • TL850 Lid Gasket coming off brand new .jpg
    TL850 Lid Gasket coming off brand new .jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 61
  • TL850 Paint Blistering back of barrel lower corner of downdraft.JPG
    TL850 Paint Blistering back of barrel lower corner of downdraft.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 66
Mine overshoots every time, no big deal. During ignition it dumps pellets in the firepot and it takes a while to ignite, then they all ignite. Just open the lid and let it cool to desired temp. It will level out.

Mine has done it only the one time. I opened the lid to try and bring the temp down but it only dropped to about 275 and the fan kept blowing like crazy. It was like the fan was stuck on high.

Mine has done it only the one time. I opened the lid to try and bring the temp down but it only dropped to about 275 and the fan kept blowing like crazy. It was like the fan was stuck on high.
That doesn't sound right. The auger should stop feeding pellets if the thermostat reads higher than the set temperature but it does take a few minutes to bun off the excess pellets. I'm not sure how the blower is programmed but it only furnishes combustion air.

I always set to smoke when starting the igniting process. I let it catch fire and get up on the coolest setting and let it sit there for about 15-20 min before moving the temp up to 225 or whatever you want. Keep the lid open during this process. If it doesn't go down, you may have a bad thermostat. I've been through about 3-4 thermostats in 10 years and it always seems to correct the heat issues.

start it around 180 or below if you can with the lid open for 15 min, then close the lid and turn up to 225

start it around 180 or below if you can with the lid open for 15 min, then close the lid and turn up to 225

I believe the recommendation on the D2 WiFIRE Controller-based models is to pre-heat with the lid closed ...

I've had the grill about a month now and have done 6 cooks. After the 4th cook, I pulled it apart and vacuumed the ashes, including the pot.

Back