used two times now wont work?

harry

Reaction score
Grill
timberline 850
hi, live in ak ,has been cold, used about month ago, twice 3 hrs fire time, tried to start it and would not fire.
brought inside checked hot rod ,read 70 ohms, read voltage 120 volts, i did not clean fire pan out and the rod looks burnt.
took out fire pan and turned over pot and tried again and back from where it protrudes it was red hot.
so was it my bad i just didnt clean it and it built up with a insulating blanket of stuff? should i just wire brush and try again?
thanks for the help

If the hot rod is glowing red and your auger is primed and working I’d give it another try.

Make sure your pellets are good and dry too.
hi thanks, it still wont lite, and what turns red is back about one inch from end, the end gets warm but not hot.it sticks out about 1/8 of inch. should i try it out a little farther?

hi thanks, it still wont lite, and what turns red is back about one inch from end, the end gets warm but not hot.it sticks out about 1/8 of inch. should i try it out a little farther?
Sounds like a defect in the rod, it should be the tip that gets red and not an inch back....

I agree with jp9724. Sounds like you need to replace your hot rod.

Back