Upgrading Controller for Super Smoke

Reporting back that I was able to upgrade my controller. I haven't ran the grill yet but I did setup the wifi and everything seems to work well.

I have a "Costco" wifire controlled Treager model Silverton 620 Model TFS62G. Can it be converted to a supersmoker like the model TFS8IB by changing the controller?

everyone wants to go thru all this to get Super Smoke ... just get a $20 smoke tube, fill it with pellet/chip mix and BOOM, 3 times better than any Super Smoke feature... at any temp too.

everyone wants to go thru all this to get Super Smoke ... just get a $20 smoke tube, fill it with pellet/chip mix and BOOM, 3 times better than any Super Smoke feature... at any temp too.
Agreed, but IMO running the grill at a really low temp for an hour or 2, gives all the smoke I need. A smoke tube is like icing on a cake, just THAT much better.

Agreed, but IMO running the grill at a really low temp for an hour or 2, gives all the smoke I need. A smoke tube is like icing on a cake, just THAT much better.

YES, and isn't Super Smoke limited to a temp also?? you can't Super Smoke at 350 right???

Apologies to OP for the hi-Jack...

I was under the impression that the billowy white smoke that can be produced by smoke tubes or super smoke can result in an off acrid taste... when using a stick burner isn’t the goal even thin blue smoke? Is the smoke being produced by pellets/sawdust.... different smoke compared to smoke from wood? Are you able to get away with the thicker white smoke when using pellets?

Last edited:
Reporting back that I was able to upgrade my controller. I haven't ran the grill yet but I did setup the wifi and everything seems to work well.

It's been a year and you never updated the thread to let us know if the Super Smoke feature was working for you. You still alive?

It's been a year and you never updated the thread to let us know if the Super Smoke feature was working for you. You still alive?
Its also been a year since he even visited the site so I will be surprised if he gets your message

Latest Discussions

Back