Turkey question

Traeger Bully

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Wondering if anyone smoked their turkey at say 160 overnight then in the am cracked up to 350. I have a 20lbs bird and silverton 620 ..Previously I cooked a turkey breast and it took almost 7 hours so I’m a little bit nervous about making sure I have a bird for everyone to eat come Thanksgiving

Is it safe to cook a turkey on low overnight?

You can slow roast a turkey overnight without checking on it periodically. Roasting a turkey is so much easier when cooked overnight. ... Not just ok, your turkey will be moist and tender and ready for your finishing touches before you place it on the Thanksgiving turkey serving platter.Nov 8, 2021

Can I cook a turkey for 12 hours?

Roast the turkey while you sleep and get ready in the morning (as long as 9-11 hours). Don't worry about basting; the low temperature and moisture from the water will cook it gently. Remove the foil and take the turkey's temperature with an instant-read thermometer. ... Let the turkey rest for 20-30 minutes.Oct 15, 2021

Is it safe to cook a turkey overnight at 200 degrees?

This method is dangerous and involves cooking the turkey at 190 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit overnight for 12 to 13 hours. A low oven temperature means the turkey will take longer to heat, increasing the risk of harmful bacteria growth and the production of poisons that may not be destroyed with further cooking.

You decide

Wondering if anyone smoked their turkey at say 160 overnight then in the am cracked up to 350. I have a 20lbs bird and silverton 620 ..Previously I cooked a turkey breast and it took almost 7 hours so I’m a little bit nervous about making sure I have a bird for everyone to eat come Thanksgiving
I’m no expert but many people do not recommend smoking turkeys over 14-15 lbs as they dry out. Maybe smoke it for 3-5 hours than transfer to over at 350 degrees to finish?

24 lbs Bird. I am trying an overnight smoke, 8hrs, then in the morning I will decide the final smoke procedure. Ironwood 650.

It's a Jenny O frozen prebrine. I did brine it for another 24 hours in a homemade Jamaican Jerk brine minus the salt. I will tuck a homemade Jerk compound butter under the skin and coat the skin with the same. My first attempt at spatchcocking. With such a large bird I hope this will help with a more even cook.

I will post my impression post smoke.

Latest Discussions

Back