Trouble for Traeger

Omega1xg

Reaction score
Grill
Junior BBQ155
Interesting. They should certainly own up to it if that's the case.

Yikes... yeah, the labels would be very misleading if that's the case. How lame if it's true!

This isn't new and has been the apparent case for some years. I also prefer BBQ delight pellets and purchase them when I can. I'm going to try lumberjack pellets soon as well.

It's new to me, since I just got my smoker this week. ;)
What does this label mean to you?
English isn't my strong suit, but to me it means 100% pure hardwood pellets (in this case: OAK | CHERRY | APPLE)

If you use alder and flavor it with oil, I'd expect something else on the label. ?‍♂️

I guess I'll look for those others you mentioned!

I'm going to try lumberjack pellets soon as well.

I searched for Lumber Jack after reading others' recommendations and was pleasantly surprised to find that our nearby Rural King sells them, and does so at a cost lower than any other brand among other local retail chains at $8.88 per 20 lb. bags.

I would be interested in trying this blend from Lumber Jack; if I liked it, it would be nice to be able to buy dedicated bags of char pellets to make my own blends but they don't appear to be offered that way.

Looks like old Traeger might be in for some trouble. Class action law suits are generally not good for any company. Let alone for one that is selling a "premium" product.

Class sction suit is over the use of flavoring oils in Traeger's pellets.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...ction-says-wood-pellets-contain-flavored-oil/

It will be interesting to see how this comes out.
I've been following this and am pretty disappointed to find that they use oils for flavor. Lots of stuff on the internet, if you research it. Just yesterday I purchased a bag of pellets from CookinPellets, the Perfect Mix. These get great reviews.

This isn't new and has been the apparent case for some years. I also prefer BBQ delight pellets and purchase them when I can. I'm going to try lumberjack pellets soon as well.
May experience with Lumber Jack pellets has been excellent. Great smoke because they contain the bark of the primary wood (e.g. Hickory/Oak blend has the hickory wood and bark and oak (without bark) to allow the predominant flavor of Hickory).

May experience with Lumber Jack pellets has been excellent. Great smoke because they contain the bark of the primary wood (e.g. Hickory/Oak blend has the hickory wood and bark and oak (without bark) to allow the predominant flavor of Hickory).

Thanks for the update. I have found a supplier that is close to me so I will grab a few bags to try and if all goes as well as I think I will buy them on a regular basis. I keep about 200# of pellets on hand. So far I like BBQ delight pellets but looking forward to try these. Thanks

Also take a look at qpellets.
I’ve been using those and lumberjack exclusively for about a year with good results. Ace hardware has a relationship with them, but not all of their stores will carry it. True value I think does also.

Thanks for the update. I have found a supplier that is close to me so I will grab a few bags to try and if all goes as well as I think I will buy them on a regular basis. I keep about 200# of pellets on hand. So far I like BBQ delight pellets but looking forward to try these. Thanks
Sounds good!

Back