Pellets Treager v. Pit boss

I use Pit Boss, Traeger, Bear Mountain, and Lumberjack. I find the PB and Bear Mountain to be the best. I only use 100% hardwood pellets; nothing with oils, fillers, etc. I spent $600 on a smoker. The last thing I am going to do is be cheap when it comes to the main heat source for that smoker.

That being said...I had a Trager Pro Series 34 for about 2 years. I sold it recently after one solid year of nothing but problems with the auger, hot rod, temp probe, and controller. I had to replace all of these items for a 2-year old product? Seriously? I cannot tell you how many cooks were ruined because it simply stopped working. I had enough and got rid of it. I picked up a PB Pro Series 850 about 3 months ago. The rig is awesome and makes great food. I'm rolling a 10-pound ham on it as I type this. I've never seen a rig hold the temp as solid as this one. Amazing product, with great customer service.

I was at Tractor Supply today and they have their brand of pellets on sell. I’m going back tomorrow and get a couple bags, anyone here use them? Great price.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 4
At that price, they would be worth trying.

Never heard of them, but as RustyJake said, at that price it is worth a shot. Let us know what you think

I was at Tractor Supply today and they have their brand of pellets on sell. I’m going back tomorrow and get a couple bags, anyone here use them? Great price.
Thanks @Shedd . I've posted this question on a couple of Forums (Fora?) over the past few months, no replies. My Tractor Supply stopped carrying any other brands of pellets once they started selling their own. Can't wait to hear your report.

I have used PB for a few years now. For $8.97 per 20lb (mesquite) they can't be beat. That is all I use anymore. Traeger is twice the price and the others I don't come across too often. WM for PB is the deal

Back