Transport Traeger Pro 34

jakemcguire31

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
I have a Pro 34 Series for a couple weeks now and love it. I'd like to take to our cabin and show it off one time but I'm worried that I might damage it in transport. It's all highway driving for two hours. (four total). I know the grill is pretty sturdy but I wanted to throw it out to the group for your general thoughts. TIA. Have a great day!!!

Your hardest part will be getting it in and out of the truck. If you have a ceramic coated grill grate, I would remove it and wrap it to protect the coating from breaking off. Other than that, strap it down good up at the back of the bed to protect it from stuff kicked up by semis.

Your hardest part will be getting it in and out of the truck. If you have a ceramic coated grill grate, I would remove it and wrap it to protect the coating from breaking off. Other than that, strap it down good up at the back of the bed to protect it from stuff kicked up by semis.

I agree hardest part will be loading and unloading. You know how heavy that thing is, it’ll take Atleast 2 people.

I would try to turn it sideways once past the fender wells and put an old blanket over it to protect the finish from the straps rubbing it and to protect your truck cab in the event something goes rogue and it leans into your cab. This probably goes without saying but I would definitely empty the grease bucket and put it inside the grill. I would probably clean the inside too and do a good vacuum. That dust will go everywhere and get on everything in the bed of the truck too.

Back