Traeger Wooden Grill Scrape

BlackBetsy

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Does anyone have experience with theTraeger Wooden Grill Scrape or another brand and like it. I ask that because I recently had a steel wire in my food that had stuck to the grid.So I prefer not to use a wire brush anymore.

Attachments

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I have one and really like it. It works great! I normally heat the grill up, use the wooden scraper, and then wipe it off with wet paper towels (with tongs). I would highly recommend.

O C

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 575
I have a 'generic' wood one that I bought for the same concern about steel bristles. While I like it, I wish I had bought the traeger version. The one I have needs to be worn in to fit in between the grids, its not there yet so I end up using the corners to get in between the grids, takes a lot longer. I assume the traeger is designed for their grids, think I might replace my current one. Traeger's is currently on sale online too.

Mr.Fabulous

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Saw that the local Wal-Mart was selling the generic one of these the other day. Same problem, you have to wear the grate grooves into the wood. Good and bad I guess. Takes time to ‘break in’, but you get a custom fit eventually. Suppose you could get a jump start by marking the grate locations on the device, then using a Dremel to start your grooves. Or just purchase the Traeger version ...ll