Traeger WiFi Grills get Alexa Voice Support

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L

Traeger is adding voice control through Alexa to its WiFire-equipped grills. You will now be able to ask Alexa to announce or set cooking and food probe temperatures, turn Super Smoke mode on/off, set timers and check pellet levels. That last option works with the pellet sensor Traeger or with the 2019 Timberline Series grills that include it as a standard feature. You can also ask Alexa to shut down the grill when you're finished using it. To get started, simply install the Trager skill inside the Alexa app, then log in with your credentials for your Traeger account. Your grill will need to be on the same WiFi network as the Alexa devices for this whole system to work.

For those that have had a chance to use this feature, what do you think? Is it worth a nice add?

dumb... please fix the 25º temperature overstatement, then worry about BS like this (which I will never use in a million years)

While it is neat feature to advertise, not sure it will be that practical.

I think it would be pretty cool, I have a nest thermostat and love being able to just tell Alexa to set a different temperature. Hope it is similar to that

The Alexa skill is only available in the US. Not in Canada yet. The Google Assistant is available! It works OK for getting status and changing temps. I don't have to get my iPhone anymore … just ask Google!

Sounds cool, but I will never have a device that listens and records every sound in my house 24/7 just cause I'm too lazy to go turn a knob. Everything is going this way, but nothing I buy that has a microphone or camera will every connect to the Net. People simply don't think about the amount a privacy that is violated and that every moment is recorded and stored on some hard drive with who knows that has access to it.

I tried the google assistant over the weekend. It works however I find myself verifying the change within the app in any case so it's a mute point for me.... A waste of time.....

Latest Discussions

Back