Traeger vs Grilla

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I've been following Grilla for the past few months and most of the reviews are really positive. How do you think the new line of Traeger grills stack up? (2019 Pro D2, Ironwood).

I also have been following Grilla for about a year and almost purchased one before I updated my pro22 and lil tex to Timberline. Their units seem to be solid (going by weight) Not crazy about their controller for some reason ....but still would have liked a test drive. Most of their owners seem to be happy and customer service seems to be a strong point. Their Alpha Siverbac model seems to be affordable but when you add up all accessories you'll spend close to 1150.00 with a cover. Absolutely love my T850 though and feel I made the right choice. Although, I only have 6 cooks under my belt on my new unit.

I also have been following Grilla for about a year and almost purchased one before I updated my pro22 and lil tex to Timberline. Their units seem to be solid (going by weight) Not crazy about their controller for some reason ....but still would have liked a test drive. Most of their owners seem to be happy and customer service seems to be a strong point. Their Alpha Siverbac model seems to be affordable but when you add up all accessories you'll spend close to 1150.00 with a cover. Absolutely love my T850 though and feel I made the right choice. Although, I only have 6 cooks under my belt on my new unit.
I just got a new T850 two weeks ago and its a great unit. Dont change to a Grilla, I havent used it yet, but I have seen lots of great reviews and some bad ones, all the bad ones are the same thing, that the fire turns off and that the grill does not recovers on middle of a cook. But that grilla will cook the same as you old pro 22. Same thing same waves, wont keep smoke in like the T850 does. Its like changing from a Audi R8 to a Honda Accord, the accord its great but not an r8.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on the original Grilla grill. I thought the design/style of the grill was pretty cool. However, the new features advertised with the Ironwood sold me. I do like having the wifi capability and the app is pretty cool.

Back