Traeger Upgrades/Enhancements

Slgoss

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Wondering if anyone has made upgrades or enhancements to their Pros/Ironwoods.

Grill Grates seem to be common and a lower shelf. Anything else?

It's barely been a month, but I've only added the folding front shelf. I did get a wifi extender to get the WiFire to connect. ever since then my IW650 works like a champ.

I'm also a new IW650 owner and highly recommend the grillgrates for true searing. I got a nice crust on steak with the grate side. I seared duck breasts on the griddle side on high for about 4-5 minutes and achieved beautifully crispy skin.

Wondering if anyone has made upgrades or enhancements to their Pros/Ironwoods.

Grill Grates seem to be common and a lower shelf. Anything else?

Hoping that a Lower Shelf option becomes available for the PRO 780 ...

We swapped out the grate that came with the grill with 3 of the BAC386 | 10" Cast Iron Grate | https://www.traegergrills.com/accessories/cast-iron-grill-grate, which fully populates the main grilling area ... beyond that we've been investing in various Lodge Cast Iron Pans/Skillets ... along with other various Traeger Accessories ...

Next on my "wish" list is a FireBoard v2 ...

We swapped out the grate that came with the grill with 3 of the BAC386 | 10" Cast Iron Grate | https://www.traegergrills.com/accessories/cast-iron-grill-grate, which fully populates the main grilling area ... beyond that we've been investing in various Lodge Cast Iron Pans/Skillets ... along with other various Traeger Accessories ...

I got the jalapeno holder and the chicken leg holder as well. they both work great. We also bought a pizza stone, and it's been a great investment! Also, just FYI, you can buy pizza dough from the CostCo food court. We paid only $22 for 22 lbs of dough, all prepackaged in 1 lb balls.. but we like pizza.. make all sorts. found it's good to have to put all of our leftover meat on and just bake it up.

I got the jalapeno holder and the chicken leg holder as well. they both work great. We also bought a pizza stone, and it's been a great investment! Also, just FYI, you can buy pizza dough from the CostCo food court. We paid only $22 for 22 lbs of dough, all prepackaged in 1 lb balls.. but we like pizza.. make all sorts. found it's good to have to put all of our leftover meat on and just bake it up.

Hmmm ... I will have to ask our Costco Food Court about buying the dough that way ... :)

The Pro 34 Lower Shelf fits on the 780.

The Pro 22 shelf also fits on the IW 650 (have done it 3 times), not sure why Traeger says it doesn't...

I wonder if BAC443 is a true Traeger part or if it is just BAC364 rebranded.

The Pro 34 Lower Shelf fits on the 780.

The Pro 22 shelf also fits on the IW 650 (have done it 3 times), not sure why Traeger says it doesn't...

I wonder if BAC443 is a true Traeger part or if it is just BAC364 rebranded.

The barrel of the PRO 34 is 4 inches wider than the barrel of the PRO 780, thus the distance between the legs/legs supports are not far enough apart to support installing the PRO 34 Lower Shelf on a PRO 780 ...

Hmm, interesting, strange that it works on the TL then. I wonder why the 22" models work on the 575 and 650 then.

I guess I should've said "The Pro 34 Lower Shelf should on the 780." But looks like I could be wrong. Has anyone tried it?

Yep ... the shelf is 4 inches too long ...

Hmm, interesting, strange that it works on the TL then. I wonder why the 22" models work on the 575 and 650 then.

I guess I should've said "The Pro 34 Lower Shelf should on the 780." But looks like I could be wrong. Has anyone tried it?

Edit:
Ah, see it here, all clear now. I can see why the 22" models all seem to work but not the 30/34" models.

The PRO 22 & PRO 575 are both 22W x 19D ... the PRO 34 is 34W x 19D ... The PRO 780 is 30W x 19D ...

2020 Grill Comparison (handy table for side-by-side comparison) = https://traeger-web-public-prod.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/misc/2020-Full-Comparison_LoRes.pdf

Yup, have that in my post.

Yeah ... saw that you added that via an Edit a few minutes after my reply posted ... ships crossing in the night ...

Couldn’t wait for the lower shelf on the Pro 575 so i built one..
39E89470-A8CB-4971-AE22-30DD952BF0E4.jpeg

What are the exact dimensions for the lower shelf? - it looks great!!!

Latest Discussions

Back