Poultry Traeger turkey - pellets, brine, & rub kit

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker.
I picked up one of Traeger's kits. I have the turkey sitting in the brine bucket right now. Anyone use one of these before? The directions just say to pat the bird dry after the brine. Nothing about rinsing it off. Just watched a video where Matt Pittman was using the kit. He didn't rinse his either but a few people asked about it in the comments. No responses yet. I've only brined a few things in the past, but directions always said to rinse it so it's not super salty. Thoughts?

Planning on using Texas Sugar for the turkey instead of the rub that came with the kit.

I dont think liquid brine needs rinsing like a salt/brown sugar brine. Just pat it like they did.

Thanks. I didn’t rinse it. Just patted down and let it dry. Came out good.

I had a Butterball turkey that is already brined, but I left it in a DIY brine solution for 24 hours. I did rinse mine off before smoking. One of the reasons they say you should not rinse a turkey is that it can spread germs around the kitchen if you are not careful.

I did the traeger brine both this year and last year. Did not rinse either time . Turkey was not salty. Everyone raved how good and juicy it was.

Latest Discussions

Back