Traeger Support

jack

Reaction score
I think the major problem with Traeger is that they have a 3rd part company doing there support. When you call Traeger's support line you are not talking to Traeger and in my experience the quality of these people very widely.
I am not hopeful that my grill will work any time soon.

I always had good luck with them and have talked to the good people in Oregon. It may be the luck of the draw on who you get idk...

Grill will not hold temperature and wifire does work. Just received a new thermocouple yesterday. They already sent me a new controller. hoping this will fix the problem.

I always had good luck with them and have talked to the good people in Oregon. It may be the luck of the draw on who you get idk...
I'm a long time Traeger owner and in the good old days when you called the support line you got an actual Traeger person in Oregon. Now it seems you get a call center where I agree the expertise varies wildly. They are always friendly and try to help, but it is a crap shoot. I've had nothing but problems with the temperature control on my new 575, which has been super frustrating

Interesting. I tried to season my Timberline 850 today in hopes of cooking some chicken for dinner tonight. No go, Traeger almost caught on fire due to high temp issue, think the fire followed up the auger as there was smoke coming from the pellet bin. Traegers response, after an hour and forty-two minute conversation.... Crickets.... Starting to think this was the worst $1800 investment I’ve ever made. Let’s see what day two conversation bring. Thankfully I had my Weber camping grill!,,,

Interesting. I tried to season my Timberline 850 today in hopes of cooking some chicken for dinner tonight. No go, Traeger almost caught on fire due to high temp issue, think the fire followed up the auger as there was smoke coming from the pellet bin. Traegers response, after an hour and forty-two minute conversation.... Crickets.... Starting to think this was the worst $1800 investment I’ve ever made. Let’s see what day two conversation bring. Thankfully I had my Weber camping grill!,,,

HI Dale, sorry to hear about the trouble. Please keep us updated on what the fix is. I have a few friends with the Timberlines and they swear by them, so try to hang in there.

I have t he 1300 and don't have any issues. I always just set temp at 180 then once it heats up then i turn it to whatever I need.

Dale, I had the same problem, i had a pro 34 and was cooking steaks and asparagus and i literally saw the little ember come up and cause my pan to start a fire, I've had my traeger for alsmost 3 yrs. always cleaned it and never had a flare up until now. Spoke with Traeger and long story short they're replacing my barrel and drip pan. Meanwhile i didn't have a smoker so i went and bought the Timberline 1300 and seasoned it and everything then i made two whole chickens and after chicken were done i made steaks and guess what? it started on fire again but this time i yanked the bottom shelf out and pulled my drip pan liner so it wouldn't ruin my Brand new smoker.

I think the major problem with Traeger is that they have a 3rd part company doing there support. When you call Traeger's support line you are not talking to Traeger and in my experience the quality of these people very widely.
I am not hopeful that my grill will work any time soon.

I have spoke to rep from Trager 8 times since mid April. Only 2 times was the rep from the main office and they were very helpful and got me the parts I needed right away and were delightful to speak to. The other 6 times were painful and they were reading off a script. I do agree with you.

Agreed, they outsource their HelpDesk. This was their response to why my Super Smoke would not produce any additional smoke. Clearly outsourced...

“We determined that Super Smoke is working correctly, because you are setting the temperature between 165-225 it might be(74°-107°C). Super-smoke is only available at those temperatures or below, and The “Super Smoke” icon is showing up on the app and is also showing on the grill.”

Latest Discussions

Back