Traeger silverton model 810 frustration

Tom Ziegler

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger silverton model 810
I have a silverton model 810 purchased while at Costco recently. I have been unable to find any support from traeger for for this model and lord knows I’ve tried. Tried to purchase drip tray inserts and after spending close to an hour on the phone with traeger representative was told to try Costco for help. WTF, you folks need to support your brand. Similar frustration when trying to purchase a folding shelf by searching traeger web sites. I finally ordered a shelf by measuring the front of my grill and finding one from another model the same length. I then attempted to Rube Goldberg that item to fit my grill without success. Come on you guys, it can’t be that hard to provide help to a user needing support help from traeger. Please help me by at least responding to my concerns with some positive direction.

Order bac-815 from amazon they got the silverton 810

Just purchased 2 packs of Silverton 810 drip tray liners over the phone from 1-800-Traeger. They are BAC597.

Old thread, but also coming into this issue. Aren't the 780 and 810 the same model? The Silverton's are just Costco exclusives.
Thanks

Different exhaust system, different grease management system, different controller. The 810 also has a cabinet underneath.
The 30 CI difference is minimal. Iwould take a look at the IW 885.
the 810 on sale is $1300 while the 885 is $1500,
I am thinking that it is definitely worth a look....

Last edited:
I have a silverton model 810 purchased while at Costco recently. I have been unable to find any support from traeger for for this model and lord knows I’ve tried. Tried to purchase drip tray inserts and after spending close to an hour on the phone with traeger representative was told to try Costco for help. WTF, you folks need to support your brand. Similar frustration when trying to purchase a folding shelf by searching traeger web sites. I finally ordered a shelf by measuring the front of my grill and finding one from another model the same length. I then attempted to Rube Goldberg that item to fit my grill without success. Come on you guys, it can’t be that hard to provide help to a user needing support help from traeger. Please help me by at least responding to my concerns with some positive direction.
Go to Etsy type silverton 810 into search. Thry have a wooden shelf for $180 or so and custom adapter brackets for $ 30 or so. have had mine for over a year Traeger replaced the controller and the thermocouple will call the RTD the internal temperature sensor because when I got it it was bent I found that the thing leaks like a sieve when there is smoke so I bought some gasket material high temperature gasket material and put it all around the front and along the the back where the lid attaches and that works really well to keep the smoke inside the chamber the other thing that I have done is I bought the thermal Works smoke too and I have bought an extra ambient temperature sensor and put one on my bottom grate on both sides the Traeger controller is notoriously off it reads about 30° high of the actual temperature inside the unit so I monitor it with the thermal works and adjusted the actual girl temperature to the thermal works reading which is matches the recipe good luck enjoy

20220125_163435.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back