Traeger odd noise

KellzGrill

Reaction score
Grill
Anybody know what this noise is? I've only been using my Traeger 575 for about 5 weeks now and on my 7th cook I started hearing this random noise. I've vacuumed it twice within the 5 weeks of usage. No big temp fluctuations. Hoping it's not a big issue, I called traeger support they said it's from bigger pellets being crushed in the auger. Has anyone else experienced the same sound?

Attachments

• 20200813_140457.mp4
    5.4 MB
  • 20200813_140511.mp4
    14.2 MB
  • 20200813_140511.mp4
    14.2 MB
  • 20200813_140522~2.mp4
    18.4 MB
sounds like gears to your auger... or your fans blades hitting something... that is weird

Sounds like the auger creaking while moving pellets, maybe humidity causing some sticking/binding. Using nice shiny pellets?

Have you had additional problems coming from this since posting? My traeger is making a similar noise

Anybody know what this noise is? I've only been using my Traeger 575 for about 5 weeks now and on my 7th cook I started hearing this random noise. I've vacuumed it twice within the 5 weeks of usage. No big temp fluctuations. Hoping it's not a big issue, I called traeger support they said it's from bigger pellets being crushed in the auger. Has anyone else experienced the same sound?
That sounds like pellets "creaking" when wedged between the auger and the tube.

Have you had additional problems coming from this since posting? My traeger is making a similar noise
he hasn't been back here since he posted that in Aug 2020, so we may never know

All good. My traeger is relatively new so just figured I'd look around. Hopeing it's just the pellets. Thanks for the reply

All good. My traeger is relatively new so just figured I'd look around. Hopeing it's just the pellets. Thanks for the reply
he hasn't been back here since he posted that in Aug 2020, so we may never know

It sounds to me like pellets “squawking” in the auger tube.

Edit: My Bronson does it more often than my 780, but both do it periodically.

Back