Traeger Nation: Grilling Mistakes of Cliff!!!

Cliffrouse

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Long story ahead beware!!!! As seen in my previous post I owned a 780 pro. Loved it but was on a BBQ Facebook group that convinced me to purchase a Recteq RT-700 The Bull. Got it and completely hated it compared to my 780 Pro. Slow to get to temperatures. Temperatures fluctuated a lot based on my Fireboard. Long story short I have sold The Bull and got a Timberline 1300. I am back in the fold!!!! So far I have cooked two meals on the Timberline. So far everything seems great. The seal keeps coming a bit loose but other than that it seems to be a nice unit. Here are my first few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3747[1].jpg
    IMG_3747[1].jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3775.jpg
    IMG_3775.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 53
Glad you are back and are happy now.

The seal keeps coming a bit loose

There is a thread with tips and fixes for that... either just search or search thru RemE posts, you'll find it. Something about tweaking your clips

Welcome back!

Long story ahead beware!!!! As seen in my previous post I owned a 780 pro. Loved it but was on a BBQ Facebook group that convinced me to purchase a Recteq RT-700 The Bull. Got it and completely hated it compared to my 780 Pro. Slow to get to temperatures. Temperatures fluctuated a lot based on my Fireboard. Long story short I have sold The Bull and got a Timberline 1300. I am back in the fold!!!! So far I have cooked two meals on the Timberline. So far everything seems great. The seal keeps coming a bit loose but other than that it seems to be a nice unit. Here are my first few pictures.
Whats in the skillet?

I almost got a RecTec before my Ironwood 885. I'm happy with the 885.

Traeger Customer Service via Facebook has been awesome and responsive.

I was going to buy a rec tec, but then my buddy got this "damaged" Trager and gave it to me. Glad I have the Traeger, its an older model. Pre-WiFi and I'm kind of glad of it. It's rock solid... My next will be another Traeger, but that will be a few years. I really like this thing, I don't have much use for the WiFi right now anyway. It seems like everyone's biggest gripe around here is about WiFi issues and the app not working. I'm living the simple life and enjoying it... LOL

The one time I had to call CS I had my grill going in less than 15 minutes... The igniter connection had come loose, pushed it together and bam, done. Has been running like a champ since.

Back