Traeger "Must Have" Accessories - Master Thread

WOW! I’m must be a slacker…. I nock the big and loose crud off with a brush, then cook!! 😁

WOW! I’m must be a slacker…. I nock the big and loose crud off with a brush, then cook!! 😁
I must be a slacker too! One thing I will say is that since I don't do high temperature cooking on my Traeger, it is a lot easier to get the stuff off, unlike on my gas grill.

I must be a slacker too! One thing I will say is that since I don't do high temperature cooking on my Traeger, it is a lot easier to get the stuff off, unlike on my gas grill.

Yeah, you should have seen the SMOKE SCREEN caused by me taking my Traeger to 425° today for that pie.
That was some burn-off indeed!!!! That puppy is CLEAN now tho...

Instant read thermometer, I recommend the Thermoworks MK4, watch for sales on there website.
if you do any overnight cooking, make sure to get the backlit version

Sous Vide is an awesome way to reheat brisket & pulled pork or ribs that are vacuum packed.

I've got a load of pulled pork to reheat tonight and I commissioned an old igloo cooler to be my sous vide water vessel.

A 2.5" hole saw made the perfect size hole for my sous vide heater. This is a great way to heat up a mess O' pulled pork!

1634324740090.png

1634324838630.png

That’s a whole lot pulled pork. I vacuumed sealed and freeze’d 4 smaller packages last Monday. Haven’t bought a soups vide yet but I like your set up.

That’s a whole lot pulled pork. I vacuumed sealed and freeze’d 4 smaller packages last Monday. Haven’t bought a soups vide yet but I like your set up.
Yep, that's about 28lbs before cooking. The cooler sous vide worked out like a champ. So easy come serving time and when I cut the bag, the aroma was just off the Traeger. Cooking ahead of time and reheating this way eliminated the stress of cooking for a large group and getting the time right. The cooler/sous vide performed flawlessly.

I pulled the sous vide yesterday around 7 PM and have not yet dumped the water. It's still warm this morning at 9:05 am.

Yep, that's about 28lbs before cooking. The cooler sous vide worked out like a champ. So easy come serving time and when I cut the bag, the aroma was just off the Traeger. Cooking ahead of time and reheating this way eliminated the stress of cooking for a large group and getting the time right. The cooler/sous vide performed flawlessly.

I pulled the sous vide yesterday around 7 PM and have not yet dumped the water. It's still warm this morning at 9:05 am.
So you boil the water to 212 and pour inside cooler, close lid and place Sous Vide inside hole and let it sit till serving time? Temp cools down to desired serving temp?

So you boil the water to 212 and pour inside cooler, close lid and place Sous Vide inside hole and let it sit till serving time? Temp cools down to desired serving temp?

Nope, I just filled the cooler with hot tap water and let the sous vide to the job of heating and maintaining 160 degrees till serving time. The pork was chilled from the fridge, but it will do the same for frozen, but just take a bit longer.

I think having one master "Must Have" accessory list for the Traeger would be helpful, especially for people that have just discovered the Traeger community. Please post in this thread items that you think are a must have or very handy to have. I'll continually update the first post to keep things organized.

1. Lavalock Seal - 1/2" x 1/8" Lavalock High Temp Nomex BBQ HT gasket s moker seal, self stick grey

View attachment 5720

2. Thermapen Instant Thermometer - This goes on sale from time to time so keep an eye out!

View attachment 5721

3. Traeger Grills BAC454 Wooden Scape Grill Scraper

View attachment 5736

4. Pellet Smoke Tube Set

View attachment 5739
I think having one master "Must Have" accessory list for the Traeger would be helpful, especially for people that have just discovered the Traeger community. Please post in this thread items that you think are a must have or very handy to have. I'll continually update the first post to keep things organized.

1. Lavalock Seal - 1/2" x 1/8" Lavalock High Temp Nomex BBQ HT gasket smoker seal, self stick grey

View attachment 5720

2. Thermapen Instant Thermometer - This goes on sale from time to time so keep an eye out!

View attachment 5721

3. Traeger Grills BAC454 Wooden Scape Grill Scraper

View attachment 5736

4. Pellet Smoke Tube Set

View attachment 5739

I got the last of these four today with the installation of a Lavalock gasket. Only question I have is what’s the difference between the grey and the white? BTW the Lavalock went on really easy. Can’t wait for the next cook to see if there’s a difference.

Last edited:
Bear claws for shredding pulled pork; great time savers.
Also, a simple notebook to keep your favorite recipes in. I wish I had started one of these when I started smoking meat, I have recipes scribbled down on everything, a "favorites" or "go-to" book of recipes would be soooooo much neater than the hodge pudge of papers I have now...
Tim
I use the OneNote app to keep all my recipes on my iPad, iPhone and Microsoft computer. You can sync between all your gadgets and even cross platform. Never lose a recipe or note again.

I’ve seen several people on a number of forums talk about a notebook for keeping recipes. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Windows computer, I would recommend Microsoft OneNote. This is a downloadable app and is basically a free form database which is searchable. You can set it up via you wifi network to sync info on all your devices. You can even cut and paste from the internet and include photos. I used it in my workplace for years before I realized it might be the best recipe database ever.

Looks like a mini AirFryer. A good option to have if your in mosquito country. I have zero mosquit’s living next to the wetlands.
We could always go back to our childhood days and use the coil.

That smell! Memories.
Great~

This tool is for scraping gaskets off your ceramic cooker, but it works perfect for cleaning out the grease spout on a Traeger. Perfect fit!

1638135940009.png

I have one of those, and they work great. I did add a longer dryer tube to mine though.
Also available on Amazon...
Not on Amazon

Latest Discussions

Back