Traeger Meatloaf

Mr.Fabulous

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Used this recipe as a guide, but mixed it up the way I usually do. I also prefer cracker meal over bread crumbs.

Placed it on a rack over a pan ( for easier removal). Cooked at recipe temp for 2 hours then bumped heat up to 325. Took about 4 hours.

Used the recipe glaze when IT hit 150. Pulled at 160.

Smoke flavor was prominent. Meatloaf flavor was also more developed than when I cook one in the oven. The bbq sauce glaze was amazing. Will do again.

D92C4B83-D237-4194-B8AA-CD2E893B1893.jpeg
BADE0AF5-0263-4943-AA92-8BAF4D5C4341.jpeg
2C836BD1-13FC-4032-BC6A-E917CF241892.jpeg

Used this recipe as a guide, but mixed it up the way I usually do. I also prefer cracker meal over bread crumbs.

Placed it on a rack over a pan ( for easier removal). Cooked at recipe temp for 2 hours then bumped heat up to 325. Took about 4 hours.

Used the recipe glaze when IT hit 150. Pulled at 160.

Smoke flavor was prominent. Meatloaf flavor was also more developed than when I cook one in the oven. The bbq sauce glaze was amazing. Will do again.

View attachment 951
View attachment 952
View attachment 953
I had success with this recipe a few months ago as well. It turned out great! Well done.

Did you have any issue with the loaf keeping its shape as it heated?

I've done a couple of meatloaves in the more 'classical' loaf shape and they wanted to slump a bit.

I've done a couple of meatloaves in the more 'classical' loaf shape and they wanted to slump a bit.
Nope. It kept its shape with no issues. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-132218_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-132218_Photos.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

I used the bowl I mixed it in to shape it, then smoothed it out when I put it on the rack. Removing it from the rack was a little dicey, some pieces stayed put. They ate just fine though.

Your slump issue may come from not enough dry ingredients. Cracker meal has always served me good. I mix it in until the mixture becomes ‘sticky.’ Perfect consistency, never dry, never falls apart either.

Your slump issue may come from not enough dry ingredients.
I normally use Panko bread crumbs or another packaged bread crumb product. Next time, I'll try your cracker crumb process.

If you try to crumble your own crackers, I would suggest using no salt crackers. I would imagine saltines would make for one salty loaf. I can find packages of cracker meal in the section of the store where the fish breading is

Like to wrap mine in bacon. 2 parts venison 1 part ground pork 1 pack of bacon

Attachments

• 8820B445-2950-448F-B3AA-10D2E4C4E1F0.jpeg
    8820B445-2950-448F-B3AA-10D2E4C4E1F0.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 53
2 lbs ground venison
1 lb ground pork
2 cups bread crumbs
I’ve also used a box of stovetop stuffing
1/2 cup of bbq sauce
1 medium onion
Mix together, make basket weave of bacon on plastic wrap,( my cutting board is flexible ) wrap as tightly as you can and leave it in the fridge overnight. Flavors are better and it will hold shape longer. Smoke it first at 180 for 2-3 hrs turn up heat to 400 and coat in favorite sauce for a glaze. I have a 780 pro that gives me consistent results with this. Good luck

Last edited:
Try using parchment paper slice through several places on the paper.
I love tossing in Thai chili peppers, jalapeños anything leftover if the fridge
Have yet to have a bad meatloaf

Latest Discussions

Back