Traeger Joke

Bodd

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
FYI,
I never bitch about this kind of thing. I spent $2k on a Traeger and I feel bamboozled.

I have had nothing but problems with my Timberline 1300 and I wanted to share a Traeger joke that we have in my cooking club (400 people).

When a new person asks if the should buy a Traeger....I beat the shit out of them an respond with a resounding no!, "My Traeger is a piece of shit.....DO NOT BUY ONE!"

I have tried for months to get a resolution about my faulty grill, I have called/emailed 30 times and no one seems empowered to help. Traeger just seems not to care.

Here is the reference # if you care: ref:_00D506sL0._5001T1OzUmA:ref

So far, you have lost me as a customer forever!

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
This forum is NOT affiliated with Traeger at all. Its about people sharing Traeger issues and trying to overcome them with a solution other people have had success with.

bfletcher

Reaction score
Grill
I 885
I'll bite: I'm well-satisfied with my Traeger and, while I haven't had to reach-out to CS often, I consider myself as having received excellent service from them.

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I will also comment, I have had no issues to this point with my TL-1300 (still under warranty). I find that it is a quality product and does what it is designed to do.
‘While there are design shortages ( like no shelves, and it should be insulated at the factory) no product is perfect.

At this point I would buy it again......

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
What problems and issues are you having? I've had my Ironwood now for 1 1/2 years and haven't had any major issues. I love it and highly recommend it to everyone I know.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I tend to discount a "one post member" who drops a bomb with no discussion, but it's plausible...

In my 1 1/2 years I've had a controller, and the firepot/hotrod assembly replaced. The grill is pretty much humming along.

I will be honest however, the new controller has a weak WiFi module that drops connection consistently at every cook, with an access point about 6 feet away. Signal strength starts at -25db (very good) and then drops to -70db and loses connection randomly after warm up. It's a simple fix, but Traeger is just ghosting on the issue.

I have now had 4 calls into Traeger with escalation to engineering with no response after each promise of call backs within a week. The last call came from them, they were having an escalation meeting and were discussing my unit, wanted more info, and would call back in an hour. That was two weeks ago.

So, they are usually responsive, and oddly unresponsive at other times.

I'm still happy, and pretty patient, it will get resolved.

Zadd

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I did have problems with my 850 timberline . Went through 2 of them in a month an at times I was frustrated with cs but at the end of the day Traeger took care of all issues 110% and made it right . Very happy with my grill .

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I did have problems with my 850 timberline . Went through 2 of them in a month an at times I was frustrated with cs but at the end of the day Traeger took care of all issues 110% and made it right . Very happy with my grill .

That's good to hear customer service took care of it for you. (y)

Latest Discussions