Traeger Flatrock Griddle Reviews, Prices & Specs

I wonder if Matt Pittman is going to dump the Loco griddle brand ambassador title. He had a few videos awhile back using his and then suddenly stopped. Wonder if this is why?

Attachments

• CB401265-5CA2-42ED-9F86-95B2A78DA010.jpeg
    CB401265-5CA2-42ED-9F86-95B2A78DA010.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 25
I wonder if Matt Pittman is going to dump the Loco griddle brand ambassador title. He had a few videos awhile back using his and then suddenly stopped. Wonder if this is why?

I would not be at all surprised if Traeger sent him a "cease and desist" notice when they started manufacturing their own flat tops. They will probably provide him with a free Traeger FlatRock and he will be singing its praises soon.

I would not be at all surprised if Traeger sent him a "cease and desist" notice when they started manufacturing their own flat tops. They will probably provide him with a free Traeger FlatRock and he will be singing its praises soon.
That’s what I’m expecting. He dropped an IW XL video last week. I’m expecting a Flatrock one very soon. Maybe Wednesday.

Traeger still hasn't made an official announcement but another video showing it off by Camp Kyle.

I saw that and I was curious how of all people "camp kyle", who has 5k followers, snagged the first Flatrock on the market.

I saw that and I was curious how of all people "camp kyle", who has 5k followers, snagged the first Flatrock on the market.
I assume it was a corporate error. They aren’t supposed to have shipped for sale yet. I assume it was shipped in error and this guys dad works at the store and viola. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I received an email today from Traeger mentioning a new product announcement coming Feb 22nd.

traeger-griddle-propane.png

Flatrock announced and new Meat Church video has dropped on it

I am quite happy with my Timberline 1300 - and my brand-new Blackstone 36" griddle that was 70% less than the Flatrock. Don't get me wrong - if one showed on my deck, I'd keep it, but the pricing is insane :) All this being said, the hashbrown omelet sounds like a pretty interesting idea!

There are a number of reviews that have come out on the Flatrock griddle. It has some features that are impressive.
I like the appearance of the griddle.
I like the hinged top cover so you do not have to pick it up and then store it. Although the 3-burner griddle is the same size as most 4-burner models, the burners are U-shaped so you are essentially getting 6 heat tubes under the steel plate, even though you only get to control three gas jets. This should help temperature uniformity across the surface of the griddle.
I like the grease management system- front and center.
I also like that the design of the grill minimizes the effect of wind. I have always had difficulty using a gas grill on windy days; the Flatrock might lessen that problem.

Since the Flatrock costs 2-3 times as much as many competing griddles, I have not decided whether the features are worth the extra $$$, but as I ponder the decision on whether to purchase a flat top gas griddle this spring, Traeger has certainly complicated my analysis with their announcement of the Flatrock.

There are a number of reviews that have come out on the Flatrock griddle. It has some features that are impressive.
I like the appearance of the griddle.
I like the hinged top cover so you do not have to pick it up and then store it. Although the 3-burner griddle is the same size as most 4-burner models, the burners are U-shaped so you are essentially getting 6 heat tubes under the steel plate, even though you only get to control three gas jets. This should help temperature uniformity across the surface of the griddle.
I like the grease management system- front and center.
I also like that the design of the grill minimizes the effect of wind. I have always had difficulty using a gas grill on windy days; the Flatrock might lessen that problem.

Since the Flatrock costs 2-3 times as much as many competing griddles, I have not decided whether the features are worth the extra $$$, but as I ponder the decision on whether to purchase a flat top gas griddle this spring, Traeger has certainly complicated my analysis with their announcement of the Flatrock.

My $0.02 is to certainly buy a flat top! I think they add a lot of options to your outdoor cooking. Now which one to buy is an entirely different question. It’s not ‘if I buy’, but rather ‘which one?’!

A major issue with griddles is not whether they get hot, but rather they get too hot. It appears as though the Weber one does a good job of lower heat without having to turn off some of the burners. Time will tell about the Traeger. The market is flooded with the cheaper basic models but Traeger has chosen to target the sector above that. I think that’s smart. Just like all their products, they are targeting a group that appreciates some of the bells and whistles and brand loyalty. I’m not necessarily passing judgment on either of those things, rather pointing it out. As I’ve stated before, the price point is easily competitive within the sector based upon all the features and factors. There are several BS griddles at higher price points than the Flatrock. The griddle being “wind proof” and having flame sensors to easily communicate the burners are lit is also a huge deal IMO. I predict this product will be a winner for them.

Latest Discussions

Back