Traeger Firmware update

SmokeyT

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Noticed today new firmware update for 780...Ver. 02.01.00 and higher grill temp from 450 to 500..Ribeyes in an hour!!!

Just went out fire up my 575 for some chicken fajitas and also saw that. Very cool.

Thanks Traeger!

Called Traeger service yesterday evening to confirm that this was intended and not a glitch. They said it's good to go and in good conditions should be able to maintain 475-480 at least consistantly.

Stoked about the new feature!

Noticed today new firmware update for 780...Ver. 02.01.00 and higher grill temp from 450 to 500..Ribeyes in an hour!!!

Wow, that's an awesome surprise! Have you noticed anything else?

I sure wish Traeger would be more active updating the software update change log.

i have the pro 575 with SW 02.00.01 on, and it only goes 450F?

hahaha sorry, i got the .01 pushed back a few digit. yes i finally got it on wifi... after many days of kicking myself.

Im gonna let it stay online may it will updated later today.

My mistake new firmware has not updated as of yet!!

hahaha sorry, i got the .01 pushed back a few digit. yes i finally got it on wifi... after many days of kicking myself.

Im gonna let it stay online may it will updated later today.
I also had to uninstall and reinstall my app

Funny thing about the update. I used my 780 for the first time last evening. I forgot to turn off the main power switch when I finished. Today, My wife was going over recipes she wanted to try and said what is high? I told here it was 450° because that was all the higher the grill would go. Today when I took her out to show her how to use the grill, I was setting the temp to 450° and went too far with the knob seeing 500°. I said, “well I guess I was mistaken.” Now I see the grill updated last night. Hmm! Make a liar out of me and look dumb in front of my wife. Oh well, not the first time. ?

Still waiting for my new one week old 780 Pro to update. Traeger told me it should only take 24 hrs to update after powering up the grill. Here we are 60hrs and still nothing...….

I'm at 3 weeks on my new 575 and 4 calls to customer service. I will wait until Tuesday and call again!!
I have done everything I was told to do, leave the unit on, cycle it on and off numerous times a day.
New app works perfectly but still just 450!!

I'm at 3 weeks on my new 575 and 4 calls to customer service. I will wait until Tuesday and call again!!
I have done everything I was told to do, leave the unit on, cycle it on and off numerous times a day.
New app works perfectly but still just 450!!
Same here, mines been either on or in sleep mode for literally 20 days and nothing. Tried everyone’s tricks, tried everything and nothing. My load it up and take it to someone else’s house to see if it will update on their WiFi.

I am new to the Traeger and this forum. Does Traeger update itself, or do I have to do something?

Back