Traeger drip trays stupid expensive. Alternative?

Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. 18 inches wide. One strip covers my 575 drip pan wrapping over both sides. Perfect fit and very heavy duty foil. It’s like $8.50 a roll (37 square feet) Amazon. I won’t ever buy another drip tray.

I bought some of this after seeing your recommendation. It works great. It's thicker than standard foil so it doesn't rip as easily. One sheet covers the drip tray on my IW650. No issues at 500F. I also stopped using the Traeger liners after I ran out of the free ones that came with my grill.

I just bought the Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. Amazon had aluminum and tin foil. Al was $3 more expensive, but the correspondence on this thread seemed to refer to Al instead of Sn. Would Sn have been OK?

Tin starts melting around 450F. Aluminum doesn't start until 1,200F+. I didn't think they still made actual tin foil anymore. But a lot of people do still call it that.

These things are stupid expensive!! $16-20 for 4 pieces of AL foil?!

Does anyone have an generic /alternative brand? Or are people just using aluminium foil?

Cordially,
Kevin
I just bought a package and comes with 5 and they are 14.99 on Amazon depending on your size grill. Its for convenience more than anything. Im sure you don’t have to replace them after every smoke but pellet smokers and using them are not cheap to begin with.

Go to Costco or other Discount store and get rolls of Heavy Duty Aluminium Foil ( I got 2x 150 ft rolls for $10) assuming that your grill is just short of 3 ft wide that gives you 100 drip tray changes (10 cents each), If you want you can cover your expensive Traeger trays with Foil, then they will last a long time...

I just bought a package and comes with 5 and they are 14.99 on Amazon depending on your size grill. Its for convenience more than anything. Im sure you don’t have to replace them after every smoke but pellet smokers and using them are not cheap to begin with.
It's up to you Basco, but I've been using Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice a couple months now, works great at a fraction of the cost.

Back