Traeger drip trays stupid expensive. Alternative?

KevinJ

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
These things are stupid expensive!! $16-20 for 4 pieces of AL foil?!

Does anyone have an generic /alternative brand? Or are people just using aluminium foil?

Cordially,
Kevin

We started using the Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (pick up multiple packs when Costco puts them on sale) and wrap that around the Traeger Drip Tray Liner multiple times ... then remove layers of foil as needed and reapply layers as needed ...

We started using the Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (pick up multiple packs when Costco puts them on sale) and wrap that around the Traeger Drip Tray Liner multiple times ... then remove layers of foil as needed and reapply layers as needed ...
Great Idea, that's my next move.

These things are stupid expensive!! $16-20 for 4 pieces of AL foil?!

Does anyone have an generic /alternative brand? Or are people just using aluminium foil?

Cordially,
Kevin
Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. 18 inches wide. One strip covers my 575 drip pan wrapping over both sides. Perfect fit and very heavy duty foil. It’s like $8.50 a roll (37 square feet) Amazon. I won’t ever buy another drip tray.

My local H-E-B grocery store has their own BBQ foil. Perfect size and super strong.

HEB foil.jpeg

foil wrap works

Last edited:

Yep - I use these as well. They fit my Timberline 1300 drip pan pretty nicely.

ybOsRVj.jpg

Yes, wide enough.
I grilled salmon the other night at 500F till probe 140F, about 20 min.

When I cleaned the grill and went to peel off a layer of foil, I discovered that the 500F cook cycle had melted the Traeger liner AND the two foil layers on top of it.

Lesson learned, 500F melts aluminum liners! The more I play with 500F, the less I like it.

I had the same experience when I used a liner on top of aluminum foil. Since then I use only 1 layer of foil and haven’t a problem. I cook a lot at 500F.

Blip, I assume 1 layer of foil on top of the metal drip tray?

I had the same experience when I used a liner on top of aluminum foil. Since then I use only 1 layer of foil and haven’t a problem. I cook a lot at 500F.
Good to know, I'll try that next time and just use a single foil and no Traeger Liner.

Latest Discussions

Back