Traeger drip trays stupid expensive. Alternative?

KevinJ

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
These things are stupid expensive!! $16-20 for 4 pieces of AL foil?!

Does anyone have an generic /alternative brand? Or are people just using aluminium foil?

Cordially,
Kevin

dunawayfamily

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
We started using the Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (pick up multiple packs when Costco puts them on sale) and wrap that around the Traeger Drip Tray Liner multiple times ... then remove layers of foil as needed and reapply layers as needed ...

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
We started using the Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (pick up multiple packs when Costco puts them on sale) and wrap that around the Traeger Drip Tray Liner multiple times ... then remove layers of foil as needed and reapply layers as needed ...
Great Idea, that's my next move.

Jmthornt

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575

Does anyone have an generic /alternative brand? Or are people just using aluminium foil?

Cordially,
Kevin
Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. 18 inches wide. One strip covers my 575 drip pan wrapping over both sides. Perfect fit and very heavy duty foil. It’s like $8.50 a roll (37 square feet) Amazon. I won’t ever buy another drip tray.

GrillMeister

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22
My local H-E-B grocery store has their own BBQ foil. Perfect size and super strong.

HEB foil.jpeg

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
foil wrap works

Last edited:

ThrillinAndGrillin

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300

Yep - I use these as well. They fit my Timberline 1300 drip pan pretty nicely.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Yes, wide enough.
I grilled salmon the other night at 500F till probe 140F, about 20 min.

When I cleaned the grill and went to peel off a layer of foil, I discovered that the 500F cook cycle had melted the Traeger liner AND the two foil layers on top of it.

Lesson learned, 500F melts aluminum liners! The more I play with 500F, the less I like it.

Blip

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I had the same experience when I used a liner on top of aluminum foil. Since then I use only 1 layer of foil and haven’t a problem. I cook a lot at 500F.

DonJ

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Blip, I assume 1 layer of foil on top of the metal drip tray?

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I had the same experience when I used a liner on top of aluminum foil. Since then I use only 1 layer of foil and haven’t a problem. I cook a lot at 500F.
Good to know, I'll try that next time and just use a single foil and no Traeger Liner.

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. 18 inches wide. One strip covers my 575 drip pan wrapping over both sides. Perfect fit and very heavy duty foil. It’s like $8.50 a roll (37 square feet) Amazon. I won’t ever buy another drip tray.

I bought some of this after seeing your recommendation. It works great. It's thicker than standard foil so it doesn't rip as easily. One sheet covers the drip tray on my IW650. No issues at 500F. I also stopped using the Traeger liners after I ran out of the free ones that came with my grill.

OldMayfield

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I just bought the Reynolds Wrap Pit masters Choice. Amazon had aluminum and tin foil. Al was $3 more expensive, but the correspondence on this thread seemed to refer to Al instead of Sn. Would Sn have been OK?

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Tin starts melting around 450F. Aluminum doesn't start until 1,200F+. I didn't think they still made actual tin foil anymore. But a lot of people do still call it that.

Basco

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 22

Cordially,
Kevin
I just bought a package and comes with 5 and they are 14.99 on Amazon depending on your size grill. Its for convenience more than anything. Im sure you don’t have to replace them after every smoke but pellet smokers and using them are not cheap to begin with.

Latest Discussions