traeger does not show up in app

As an FYI for everyone who has been trying to assist today with their comments (Mar 2) - the issue for the OP is that they received a unit with a WiFIRE Controller running a now unsupported version of Firmware (01.05.00) that dates back to October 8, 2019 ... Traeger stopped supporting pre-02.xx.xx Firmware as of September 2020 ... the only solution in this situation is to get a replacement controller with supported Firmware pre-installed ...

Hey guys.
Thanks a lot for all the answers. i am in contact with the traeger support. it hasn't helped much so far. They wrote to me that I should leave the grill connected to the electricity overnight the grill would then update itself. of course it didn't work because the grill is not connected to the wifi. but the support doesn't understand that. wrote this morning that it didn't work out. so far i have received no further answer.

I have had my Traeger for 2 days now and i am very satisfied with the quality but i just can't get a connection to the wifi.

i do all the steps in the app and it is then connected, but after two seconds it flies out again (always at the point where you should choose a nickname).

I already have done all the steps on the http://wizard.web.traegergrills.io/wifire/welcomeSite. But it still doesn't work.

Does one of you have a solution? i have some smart home devices and none of them have such problems.
I was having the same issues I tried everything possible, Traeger support tried everything they could but nothing worked and then it hit me that I had VPN on my phone! Once I turned it off it connected without any problems.

As an FYI for everyone who has been trying to assist today with their comments (Mar 2) - the issue for the OP is that they received a unit with a WiFIRE Controller running a now unsupported version of Firmware (01.05.00) that dates back to October 8, 2019 ... Traeger stopped supporting pre-02.xx.xx Firmware as of September 2020 ... the only solution in this situation is to get a replacement controller with supported Firmware pre-installed ...
is there a homepage or news where you can officially read that support has been discontinued?

is there a homepage or news where you can officially read that support has been discontinued?
Traeger - nope ... they are deficient in documentation in a multitude of ways when it comes to what is shared on their website relative to support & troubleshooting, as well as keeping the WiFIRE Status Page up-to-date with each Firmware revision release ...

There are dealers who have posted this info - here is one that I referenced earlier in this thread ... https://www.woodardmercantile.com/traeger-wifire-update/ ...

I spoke to a Traeger FTE last summer when this issue was prevalent on numerous Traeger-related FB Groups to confirm that this was the issue (during the "dead time" when the June deadline had past, and those with 1.xx.xx of Firmware were unable to connect), but prior to their decision to reverse/extend the deadline into September ... I assisted upwards of 50+ individuals navigate this minefield in May/June of 2020 ... and a few since the updated September cutoff went into effect ...

I understand the hesitancy to take the above as fact given that Traeger has never publicly documented the cutoff for what versions would, and would not be, supported when they finalized the move to AWS, but the above is true ... their dealers would not have been warning customers of the impending cutoff otherwise (and again, based on previous replies in this thread, the original cutoff was June 2020, and then pushed to September 2020) ... you can choose to move forward via contact with Traeger Customer Service to get a replacement sent out to you, or continue to look for a solution to your issue, but given the changes made to the Traeger Cloud back-end and the App, Firmware versions prior to 2.xx.xx will never successfully complete the setup/pairing process ...

Out of curiosity - what does the dealer you purchased this unit from have to say? I would push back on them for having sold you an item manufactured in October 2019 and ask for their assistance in engaging with Traeger to get you the replacement WiFIRE Controller ... the Traeger Rep for your dealer can be of assistance in situations like this ...

Hey guys.
Thanks a lot for all the answers. i am in contact with the traeger support. it hasn't helped much so far. They wrote to me that I should leave the grill connected to the electricity overnight the grill would then update itself. of course it didn't work because the grill is not connected to the wifi. but the support doesn't understand that. wrote this morning that it didn't work out. so far i have received no further answer.
Yeah ... their outsourced Customer Service is not very good ... unless you are lucky enough to engage with a Traeger FTE who really understands their products and history ...

You can never upgrade to a supported version of Firmware if you are never able to successfully connect the WiFIRE Controller to your Home Wi-Fi Network due to the fact that Traeger has cut-off support for Firmware version prior to 02.xx.xx for D2 WiFIRE Controllers ... this is the classic chicken-and-egg scenario playing out ...

For those with legacy AC-powered WiFIRE Controllers (original Timberline models), they no longer support 02.xx.xx of Firmware for those units, and require 03.xx.xx of Firmware to be installed ... this is called out on the WiFIRE Status Page via the following:

If you have an AC controller running 02 firmware and are having issues connecting it to WiFIRE®, please call our Customer Service team at 1(800) Traeger and we will get you a replacement controller with the most up to date firmware.​

... it would be nice if they would add the same type of message for 01.xx.xx for the D2 WiFIRE Controllers ... but alas, their deficient documentation, policies, and training of their outsourced Customer Service group continues to be a challenge for these specific situations ...

I have had my Traeger for 2 days now and i am very satisfied with the quality but i just can't get a connection to the wifi.

i do all the steps in the app and it is then connected, but after two seconds it flies out again (always at the point where you should choose a nickname).

I already have done all the steps on the http://wizard.web.traegergrills.io/wifire/welcomeSite. But it still doesn't work.

Does one of you have a solution? i have some smart home devices and none of them have such problems.
I had the same issue. I called Traeger support and they had to push through an update and it has worked great ever since. Good luck.

Yeah ... their outsourced Customer Service is not very good ... unless you are lucky enough to engage with a Traeger FTE who really understands their products and history ...

You can never upgrade to a supported version of Firmware if you are never able to successfully connect the WiFIRE Controller to your Home Wi-Fi Network due to the fact that Traeger has cut-off support for Firmware version prior to 02.xx.xx for D2 WiFIRE Controllers ... this is the classic chicken-and-egg scenario playing out ...

For those with legacy AC-powered WiFIRE Controllers (original Timberline models), they no longer support 02.xx.xx of Firmware for those units, and require 03.xx.xx of Firmware to be installed ... this is called out on the WiFIRE Status Page via the following:

If you have an AC controller running 02 firmware and are having issues connecting it to WiFIRE®, please call our Customer Service team at 1(800) Traeger and we will get you a replacement controller with the most up to date firmware.​

... it would be nice if they would add the same type of message for 01.xx.xx for the D2 WiFIRE Controllers ... but alas, their deficient documentation, policies, and training of their outsourced Customer Service group continues to be a challenge for these specific situations ...
Traeger - nope ... they are deficient in documentation in a multitude of ways when it comes to what is shared on their website relative to support & troubleshooting, as well as keeping the WiFIRE Status Page up-to-date with each Firmware revision release ...

There are dealers who have posted this info - here is one that I referenced earlier in this thread ... https://www.woodardmercantile.com/traeger-wifire-update/ ...

I spoke to a Traeger FTE last summer when this issue was prevalent on numerous Traeger-related FB Groups to confirm that this was the issue (during the "dead time" when the June deadline had past, and those with 1.xx.xx of Firmware were unable to connect), but prior to their decision to reverse/extend the deadline into September ... I assisted upwards of 50+ individuals navigate this minefield in May/June of 2020 ... and a few since the updated September cutoff went into effect ...

I understand the hesitancy to take the above as fact given that Traeger has never publicly documented the cutoff for what versions would, and would not be, supported when they finalized the move to AWS, but the above is true ... their dealers would not have been warning customers of the impending cutoff otherwise (and again, based on previous replies in this thread, the original cutoff was June 2020, and then pushed to September 2020) ... you can choose to move forward via contact with Traeger Customer Service to get a replacement sent out to you, or continue to look for a solution to your issue, but given the changes made to the Traeger Cloud back-end and the App, Firmware versions prior to 2.xx.xx will never successfully complete the setup/pairing process ...

Out of curiosity - what does the dealer you purchased this unit from have to say? I would push back on them for having sold you an item manufactured in October 2019 and ask for their assistance in engaging with Traeger to get you the replacement WiFIRE Controller ... the Traeger Rep for your dealer can be of assistance in situations like this ...
small update... after I sent the link from the dealer to support it suddenly happened very quickly. They told me that I can send in my controller and it will be updated.

Many thanks for the help. I will keep you up to date :)

small update... after I sent the link from the dealer to support it suddenly happened very quickly. They told me that I can send in my controller and it will be updated.

Many thanks for the help. I will keep you up to date :)
Yes please keep us informed. And who did you talk to? I offered to send in mine and pay to update it, and she still said they couldn’t.

got my Updated Controller back today. The connection to the wifi worked the first time. the connection to the app now also works without any problems.

the thing that doesn't work is the connection with the apple watch. But I can live with that.

thank you all for the help 😄

Attachments

• FE94C7DD-BA3A-4C3A-8663-774D7A4CE784.jpeg
    FE94C7DD-BA3A-4C3A-8663-774D7A4CE784.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • CBCE7A7B-6917-4883-805E-BDAC5AFB6DEF.jpeg
    CBCE7A7B-6917-4883-805E-BDAC5AFB6DEF.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 15
got my Updated Controller back today. The connection to the wifi worked the first time. the connection to the app now also works without any problems.

the thing that doesn't work is the connection with the apple watch. But I can live with that.

thank you all for the help 😄
The Apple Watch integration happened with the latest release of the App (2.1.0b4) ... you may also need the WiFIRE Controller updated to the latest firmware / config versions as well - leave it powered on and they will get picked up / installed over the next couple days ...

my 650 is having the same issue with the app only displaying the temperature but not the hub where i can configure settings. i have the updated 02.02.01 sw version and config 06.009 i have been on the phone with traeger twice its obnoxious having to alot the time for a third more than likely fruitless call

my 650 is having the same issue with the app only displaying the temperature but not the hub where i can configure settings. i have the updated 02.02.01 sw version and config 06.009 i have been on the phone with traeger twice its obnoxious having to alot the time for a third more than likely fruitless call
This is a completely different problem than the original post, but it's the exact same one I'm having. I've seen a few others post about it as well, but haven't seen a fix for it. It's a problem with the app on your phone. I put the app on my wife's phone, logged in, and everything worked perfectly. I can't get to the screen with time/temp settings, it's like that part of the app is frozen. I've deleted and reinstalled the app multiple problems, no fix. Hoping a future app update will fix it.

This is a completely different problem than the original post, but it's the exact same one I'm having. I've seen a few others post about it as well, but haven't seen a fix for it. It's a problem with the app on your phone. I put the app on my wife's phone, logged in, and everything worked perfectly. I can't get to the screen with time/temp settings, it's like that part of the app is frozen. I've deleted and reinstalled the app multiple problems, no fix. Hoping a future app update will fix it.

Both you guys should include a screen shot of what your problem looks like

Both you guys should include a screen shot of what your problem looks like
FDEEDC76-5C6E-4937-89B8-3A466A84B4F5.jpeg
FDEEDC76-5C6E-4937-89B8-3A466A84B4F5.jpeg59FBADAE-5409-4BB3-9C49-752B1713C6B6.png
Unfortunately there’s not much to see...clicking on the part circled in red does nothing. Every other part of the app works just fine. The grill itself also works great, and I can see the grill temp and probe temp from the app screen, I just can’t click on those readings and get to the screen to change the temp or timer.

Latest Discussions

Back