traeger does not show up in app

the router doesn't have to give okay, I've already checked that. the router is right next to the grill.
so it can't really be because of that.
Replied to your FB post ... see attached ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.10.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.10.24 AM.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 67
Replied to your FB post ... see attached ...

Do you know if an old version of the app will connect to grill and once online, it will update as needed? I tried to download old versions of traeger app on android tablet but the app is glitchy and unable to sign in. Tablet is unable to download latest version as well. I guess either because the tablet is to old or the app is not made for the tablet and only a phone.
Thanks for your help.

WOW that is a shocker!!!! 2020 firmware is obsolete!!! Gimme a break Traeger
I’m confused.....
He says “according to the serial number, it was manufactured in october 2019.” How does it have 2020 firmware then, if it’s never been connected?

I’m confused.....
He says “according to the serial number, it was manufactured in october 2019.” How does it have 2020 firmware then, if it’s never been connected?
1.00.05 of Firmware was released on 10/08/2019 per the Historical Release Log section for the D2 WiFIRE Controller on the WiFIRE Status Page (https://www.traegergrills.com/status) - scroll to near the bottom of that poorly designed page to find the entry ...

Do you know if an old version of the app will connect to grill and once online, it will update as needed? I tried to download old versions of traeger app on android tablet but the app is glitchy and unable to sign in. Tablet is unable to download latest version as well. I guess either because the tablet is to old or the app is not made for the tablet and only a phone.
Thanks for your help.
The Traeger Cloud back-end is primarily the issue - the original date for cutting off support for version 1.x Firmware was early June 2020, but they discovered too many customers had recently purchased grills from dealer inventories globally with that version of firmware, so to avoid having to send out a LOT of replacement controllers, about 2 weeks after the initial deadline had past, they decided to extend the deadline into September ... it was not extended again after that date change ...

The Traeger Cloud back-end is primarily the issue - the original date for cutting off support for version 1.x Firmware was early June 2020, but they discovered too many customers had recently purchased grills from dealer inventories globally with that version of firmware, so to avoid having to send out a LOT of replacement controllers, about 2 weeks after the initial deadline had past, they decided to extend the deadline into September ... it was not extended again after that date change ...
Great. They wouldn’t send me a new one and were not willing to take mine and do a update or exchanging mine and money for a new one.
only option was buy a new one for $300.

Great. They wouldn’t send me a new one and were not willing to take mine and do a update or exchanging mine and money for a new one.
only option was buy a new one for $300.
I would call back and escalate to a supervisor ... your grill is/should still be under warranty ... if that doesn't work, start using their social media channels to politely complain and reference filing complaints with your local State AG and other governmental agencies ... it will work - just be forceful, but nice :) ...

I would call back and escalate to a supervisor ... your grill is/should still be under warranty ... if that doesn't work, start using their social media channels to politely complain and reference filing complaints with your local State AG and other governmental agencies ... it will work - just be forceful, but nice :) ...
I may try that. Problem is I am the second owner of it. And it’s only the hopper assembly, not a full grill. That’s why they wouldn’t do anything for me.

I may try that. Problem is I am the second owner of it. And it’s only the hopper assembly, not a full grill. That’s why they wouldn’t do anything for me.
Yeah - that probably disqualifies you for any kind of warranty support ... here is a link to a Dealer page where they break down the impending deadline (it originally said June 1st ... then around mid-to-late June after the deluge of global customers calling in to Customer Service with version 1.xx of Firmware installed on new purchases became a logistical/financial challenge (not enough replacement controllers available, way too many to ship out internationally), Traeger pushed the deadline to September to get them through the summer grilling season in the Northern Hemisphere) ... https://www.woodardmercantile.com/traeger-wifire-update/

Yeah - that probably disqualifies you for any kind of warranty support ... here is a link to a Dealer page where they break down the impending deadline (it originally said June 1st ... then around mid-to-late June after the deluge of global customers calling in to Customer Service with version 1.xx of Firmware installed on new purchases became a logistical/financial challenge (not enough replacement controllers available, way too many to ship out internationally), Traeger pushed the deadline to September to get them through the summer grilling season in the Northern Hemisphere) ... https://www.woodardmercantile.com/traeger-wifire-update/
Yea i get that i couldnt get warrenty. But i was hoping they could work with me a little bit.

I changed from 5 ghz to 2.5 ghz band and it worked!

I have had my Traeger for 2 days now and i am very satisfied with the quality but i just can't get a connection to the wifi.

i do all the steps in the app and it is then connected, but after two seconds it flies out again (always at the point where you should choose a nickname).

I already have done all the steps on the http://wizard.web.traegergrills.io/wifire/welcomeSite. But it still doesn't work.

Does one of you have a solution? i have some smart home devices and none of them have such problems.
Hi Eric,

My Ironwood had a similar problem. I initially got mine to work when it was brand new, but it went out after 2 months instead of two days with the wifi connectivity issues.

I dealt with Traeger customer service reps for a month before they finally reset my UUID. It has worked fine ever since. The guy Braedon with Traeger customer service was great! This is what needs to be done as this was sent to me by Traeger...

Hello Tom,

We have successfully reset your UUID for your Ironwood 650. This means your grill is one step closer to being connected. To get this grill paired we have left some instructions as well as a link to a video on how to pair your grill. If you have any questions or are still unable to connect the grill please call us back so we can assist you further.

Thank you for your time
-Traeger Support Braedon

Please power cycle the grill (switch off power and unplug) and redo initial pairing from the start. 2.4 GHz home WiFi network Grill location within range.

How to pair your WiFIRE grill

I have had my Traeger for 2 days now and i am very satisfied with the quality but i just can't get a connection to the wifi.

i do all the steps in the app and it is then connected, but after two seconds it flies out again (always at the point where you should choose a nickname).

I already have done all the steps on the http://wizard.web.traegergrills.io/wifire/welcomeSite. But it still doesn't work.

Does one of you have a solution? i have some smart home devices and none of them have such problems.
Having the same issue. Was told buly the customer service my internet security was to high and I needed to downgrade my internet security.

Monday at 3:30a I started a smoke, however, my Ironwood wasn't connecting to the Traeger app (new warranty replacement controller so not a SW issue). I saw the smoker was connected to the Wi-Fi network......but app didn't connect to it.

SOLUTION: We have a Disney Circle (internet filtering and WiFi access control for the kids) and when new devices are added they default to the Home group. When I installed the controller and initially connected it, I forgot to move it to the parent/uncontrolled group. Since the Home group blocks internet access over night (for the kids), my smoker couldn't send data to the Traeger cloud service.... but was connected to the home access point.
Any chance you have any “parent filters” on the access point/router or a separate Wi-Fi access control box like a Disney Circle?
Do you have any filter services like OpenDNS? (again, your smoker can connect to WiFi but not reach the Traeger cloud)

For others - The 2.4Ghz and 5GHz issue has been seen by others awhile back - especially if each frequency has a different SSID (network name). I name mine the same and thus never had issues. Some people didn't realize their phone was trying to pass the 5Ghz network information over to the smoker while in Wi-Fi DIRECT mode (During WiFi setup in the old Trager app, the smoker looks like an access point and the phone can connect directly to it). Once the credentials are received, the smoker tries to come up on a 5GHz network but it can's see it - Traeger only has a low-end 2.4GHz Wi-Fi chip.

InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back