Traeger customer service

Ann

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgater
Has anyone experience issues with customer service????
We purchased a Traeger grill back in December 2018, It was delivered damaged, called customer service before assembly of the unit and was told to go ahead to assemble and use, they would fix it and “ and make things right” what a lie!!!! Wish I had known I would not have touched it and returned the grill and bought from a competitor, this would have saved me a lot of headaches and aggravations.

I have sent numerous emails and made at least a dozen phone calls. Was promised that everything would be taken care of, only to find out they lied to me and simply dont care about you once they have your money. Back in December a Supervisor agreed to a small compensation for our problems and numerous mistakes they made (don’t know if they were intentional or not) only to find out that Trager overturned the supervisor’s decision.

I believe Traeger intentionally train their customer service to lie and be deceitful.

We have purchased a grill from a competitor for our cottage it grill the same as the Traeger but what a difference with customer service.
Would never buy from Traeger again and would never recommend to anyone based on their very very bad customer service

as the Traeger

Hi Ann, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about those issues. Did you buy the grill directly from the Traeger website?

Has anyone experience issues with customer service????
We purchased a Traeger grill back in December 2018, It was delivered damaged, called customer service before assembly of the unit and was told to go ahead to assemble and use, they would fix it and “ and make things right” what a lie!!!! Wish I had known I would not have touched it and returned the grill and bought from a competitor, this would have saved me a lot of headaches and aggravations.

I have sent numerous emails and made at least a dozen phone calls. Was promised that everything would be taken care of, only to find out they lied to me and simply dont care about you once they have your money. Back in December a Supervisor agreed to a small compensation for our problems and numerous mistakes they made (don’t know if they were intentional or not) only to find out that Trager overturned the supervisor’s decision.

I believe Traeger intentionally train their customer service to lie and be deceitful.

We have purchased a grill from a competitor for our cottage it grill the same as the Traeger but what a difference with customer service.
Would never buy from Traeger again and would never recommend to anyone based on their very very bad customer service

as the Traeger
report to bbb

I probably would have contacted my credit card company and requested a chargeback. They always favor the consumer over the merchant.

Hello

Not sure how this works kind of new to this...not used to vent in public!
Yes, the grill was purchased directly from Traeger’s website. In retrospect, I should have known that a damage box and grill are to be returned to sender no matter what customer service says. Learned my lesson...

I never thought a company like Traeger would risk tainting their reputation for a meagher $50 compensation which would have been used to purchase stuff on their website...go figure???

Anyway, as they say words of mouth is the best publicity (the way we decided to go with Traeger even though most of our RV acquittances/friends had a P.. Boss) but on the other hand words of mouth could be your worst enemy.

So you joined the traeger forum to bash traeger?

You know spd656 you totally miss the point. I am not here to bash anyone, just want people to know that when something is wrong it is wrong, if I can help someone make up their mind BEFORE they buy (unlike me) then what I wrote will have been useful.
You probably didn’t realized it but, I never said anything against the product (which I love by the way) it’s the customer service that I have a problem with.
Finally, the last time I checked it is still a free country and I can write what I want, especially when it’s the truth. You may not like it but you don’t have to read/reply.

You know spd656 you totally miss the point. I am not here to bash anyone, just want people to know that when something is wrong it is wrong, if I can help someone make up their mind BEFORE they buy (unlike me) then what I wrote will have been useful.
You probably didn’t realized it but, I never said anything against the product (which I love by the way) it’s the customer service that I have a problem with.
Finally, the last time I checked it is still a free country and I can write what I want, especially when it’s the truth. You may not like it but you don’t have to read/reply.
Im sorry Ann I didn’t take it that you loved traeger since you think they train their customer service reps to lie and be deceitful and then you hyped up the competition. I was just merely asking if you joined to bash traeger just because it seemed like a lot of effort. More power to you. As a police officer I’m very aware of freedom of speech and our laws in the United States of America. I deal with people like you all the time :) have a wonderful day!

Traeger hasn't been very truthfull with me either and yes, in instances customer service may omit pertinent fact, claim they have not heard of a problem or out right sandbag customers. Read some threads and you'll get the drift. There are reps that do go out of their way to give exceptional customer service but that's the luck of the draw! It is a new product and hopefully issues get sorted out sooner than later.

I’ve had nothing but great service from Traeger for everything on the 4 Traegers I’ve owned over the years.

Buying from a local dealer helps.

What did you get for a replacement?

I bought from a local dealer. The dealers rely upon Traeger for service for the most part and even if the dealer steps up the correct info has to be presented.

I had a lot of issues with mine and I would say the overall impression I had was that they are heavily tasked on 'resolving calls' and not heavily empowered or enabled to actually resolve them. I received very friendly and empathetic responses but not very accurate information or follow up, lots of 'willing' and not much 'execution'.

In retrospect, I should have bought locally (actually tried to but didn't know they sold the model I wanted) and bought from Traeger.

What sort of damage did your grill receive? I was also able to obtain a small measure of compensation, but in my opinion they could have done a lot more.

Back