Traeger Customer Service Is Getting Better

CTWsr50

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Since upgrade to firmware, -I’m unable to connect grill to Traeger app. Problems started Last Sunday when firmware started to download while starting a cook under time constraints. Had to finish the without the app, -babysitting Timberline 1300. Called for support last night, trying to fix dinner. Left callback number. By the time I got a callback, The 1300 was going through cool down after 500 degree sear. Couldn’t interrupt cool down, told to call back. Tried all BS solutions on Traeger website, didn’t help.

Called in today at 2:41 to Traeger. Was told I was 13 in the cue, -left number for callback. At 3:41, called back, was 17th in line, decided to hold. After holding for 20 minutes, I was disconnected. Called back, now 32nd in line. Left number again. After paying $2,000 for a grill I purchased 4 months ago, I’m pissed. Maybe I should ditch my career, and manage my time around trying to deal with Traeger support.

HORRIBLE Support.

I can understand folks being frustrated that the app may not work as described but are you also experiencing other issues that require you to "babysit" your Timberline while using it without app control?

I don’t think I need any other issues. When I’m preparing a meal, what I paid for when I purchased this grill, is not having to monitor the 1300 while working on the rest of the grub. All in all, I think the Timberline 1300 is an excellent grill, -but it should be. BTW, Traeger called me back, and the resolution of my Wifire is in the works.

Last weekend I went to local Hardware store that is a BIG Traeger dealer. I saw a truck and trailer dressed out with Traeger name on both. I wondered back to the grilling department and see a guy wear Traeger logo shirt. I walked up to him and said I loved my Ironwood 650 until their firmware update! Then I told him he should read the forums and see all the upset people are posting about firmware update. He does mr know what to say and made comment on an issue with the amazon cloud that Traeger went to. Waiting for amazon to fix it. Looked at him and said it should have been tested and 100% foolproof before they pushed it to everyone’s smoke

I don’t think I need any other issues. When I’m preparing a meal, what I paid for when I purchased this grill, is not having to monitor the 1300 while working on the rest of the grub. All in all, I think the Timberline 1300 is an excellent grill, -but it should be. BTW, Traeger called me back, and the resolution of my Wifire is in the works.
Good luck with that!

My "resolution" has been in the works for weeks. I too have a Traeger "brick" since the update hit. The latest thing I've been told is that my controller is bad and they'd send a replacement. ...yeah, and the checks in the mail! Again, no answer to my emails and trying to call is worthless.

I also ran across a Traeger rep at a home show and she was totally in the dark about the wifire issues. Took my name and info and promised a call back after she got back to Utah. I'm still waiting. I even tried reaching out to the dealer who sold the stupid thing to me for assistance...no help there either.

So, bottom line, good luck getting any help from Traeger. And every time I get their email adds and recipes I just get madder!

Last night I moved cable box into the garage and set it on my 650. Rest 650, rebooted iPhone brough up the Traeger app, tapped on wifire and was able to connect 650 to my wifi.
Checked hour later an it was updated to 2.0.0

Back