Traeger Customer Service and Timerbline 1300 Purchasing Experience (how does this company stay in business?)

Well, I finally fired it up today.. hit 450 no paint peeling.

Attachments

• IMG_20210717_173214.jpg
    IMG_20210717_173214.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210717_173221.jpg
    IMG_20210717_173221.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 29
Well, I finally fired it up today.. hit 450 no paint peeling.

Now post your cook in "what's for dinner" thread... lets see those ribs DONE!!!

This is how my Treager arrived Via FedEx. The FedEx person I spoke to said he delivers a lot of them.

Using a wood pallet (set up for fork lift movement) for heavy cardboard boxed items is the proper way to protect during shipment. The only concern STILL are: do they have fork lifts, do they miss-guide the forks and stab the box, do they stack something on top that could damage the contents inside the box. Good capable and caring delivery employees are a must.

My Costco Silverton 810 was picked up from Costco in my pickup. It was nice they still had three new in box units at the store ready to go the second day of "Costco Traeger Days". They will add 100 dollars to the cost (1299 to 1399 USD) and ship it to your home. From this thread it looks like that could have many issues. One of the three boxes had significant lower cardboard damage. The Traeger Rep asked me why we were not taking the front box. I showed him and he said the Smoker would be fine anyway as they are packaged well. I said that might be true but we will take the undamaged box. Then he helped us lift it on the flat Costco Cart and said here is the grill cover as it is not in the box.

FYI, goods are placed on pallets after they arrive in the US. The cargo space is too valuable to be use up by a pallet.

FYI, goods are placed on pallets after they arrive in the US. The cargo space is too valuable to be use up by a pallet.

Jim excellent point with respect to what is likely "sea container" shipments for Traeger Smokers that are manufactured overseas.

Thanks

Freight cost are skyrocketing now, too so it will be even more valuable. Will be curious to see if there is a price increase soon to absorb some of the increases.

Had all the same issues with my first 1300. Called and had a replacement sent after some tough negotiating with CS. With cargo issues it took them 3 months to get me a new grill but this one came in perfect with no issues. No paint peeling, she smokes great. Love this thing.

Do you have pictures of the peeling paint issues? I've had my 1300 for a couple of months and had my share of issues but need to know where to look for the paint peeling issues. Thx!

Do you have pictures of the peeling paint issues? I've had my 1300 for a couple of months and had my share of issues but need to know where to look for the paint peeling issues. Thx!
all over

Wow, sad tale for sure. I would have been right there with you on the livid scale. They are very hit and miss on the service side. It is tough to ship these super heavy Timberlines and not have them take a hit at some point along the way. If one man attempts to move one, it's almost a guarantee.

Clearly a paint quality issue has crept into the production for a while now.
I purchased my 1300 from BBQ guys in Louisiana, and the shipped it on a pallet. Absolutely zero damage to the box or grill.
Perhaps Traeger could save a boatload of expense and customer headache/frustration if they shipped these grills on pallets, instead of just a cardboard box.

I purchased my 1300 from BBQ guys in Louisiana, and the shipped it on a pallet. Absolutely zero damage to the box or grill.
Perhaps Traeger could save a boatload of expense and customer headache/frustration if they shipped these grills on pallets, instead of just a cardboard box.
My 575 was purchased from Traeger and it arrived on a pallet.

Latest Discussions

Back