Traeger app WiFire notifications

Zachbrady7

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Anyone have a grill with WiFire? Just got the ironwood and love it but I don’t get timer/probe notifications through the app unless I have the app open. Kind of defeats the purpose of it. I’m finding out this is a common issue, does anyone have any solutions? I emailed traeger and they were completely useless.

I don't think my app has to be open as I've been surprised when I've gotten some notifications. Have you checked the settings on your phone to see if the notifications are being allowed? There are options on that.

Anyone have a grill with WiFire? Just got the ironwood and love it but I don’t get timer/probe notifications through the app unless I have the app open. Kind of defeats the purpose of it. I’m finding out this is a common issue, does anyone have any solutions? I emailed traeger and they were completely useless.
I received an update for the WiFire app yesterday via App Store. Hopefully that solved some issues

Yes I had the same issue and was frustrating as I was using the timer feature and never heard the alert. I think I just fixed it though. The Traeger app was not listed under settings/notifications. So I deleted the app (while smoking ribs) and reinstalled it. After re-installing it, the app asks to allow notifications. Click Yes. The Traeger app then showed up in the list of apps under notifications. I checked to be sure the Traeger notification was turned on in notifications. Tried it out and it still didn’t work. Shut down all apps, turned off phone and re-started and that seemed to fix it. Works fine now!

Latest Discussions

Back