Traeger Android app will not open

Treebeard

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 75
Anyone else having issues opening the app today? When I try to open the app I get an error message saying "We were unable to contact the server at this time" and my only option is to close the app. It was working fine last night.

Same for me
Screenshot_20200925-160130_Traeger.jpg

Mine's fine as of this time stamp.... maybe Traeger is UPDATING the APP like they just did to the iphone

Android HAS A NEW TRAEGER UPDATE!!!! CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PLAY or where ever you get them!!!!

Android HAS A NEW TRAEGER UPDATE!!!! CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PLAY or where ever you get them!!!!
Mine updated 24 minutes ago. The screen shot above is post update.
Something is messed up

Mine updated 24 minutes ago. The screen shot above is post update.
Something is messed up

did your app ATUO update or did you go to the APP store and manual???

Last edited:
My Google play store shows that app was updated 10hrs ago, still unable to open app & use it. 1 week curing process for pastrami spoiled because grill was running out of pellets while smoking , interesting to see how it will be when done, temp was decreasing and when I woke up fired up grill again . How ever app was working still 11hrs ago before update.

Discussed this with Traeger support last night, they didn't believe me when I told them their latest version was fubar, I told them that 4 different people with four different phones, who had just updated, had also had the app stop working. They told me that our 4 different phones all had broken at the same time, and it was nothing to do with the app !

2.0.12_final is fubar - do not install.

2.0.8 is the version before this release and works.

2.0.8 is in the folder below if you know what you are doing with android. Save .apk file to phone after deleting data and cache for 2.0.12_final and uninstalling.

You might want to turn off Auto Updates in Play Store for a while.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing old version! Now I can continue my grilling saturday without constantly running out and check the grill. I have Galaxy Note 10 and I can confirm that update just does not work. Maybe they forgot some dev-server cloud connect info etc. Hopefully they'll fix it soon... My pastrami might be a victim of this update, it's now cooling down after 15hrs of smoking, how ever because app update, I didnt get warn that pellets are running out and found grill off, how ever meat was having sligthy temp dropped.

Mine still works okay... maybe it's clashing with another APP or needs certain permissions reset?

Manually updated mine last night. No issues here.(y)

I wonder if it is brand/style related for issues with the update or related to the auto update vs. Manual
I am using an Samsung S10
Mine automatically updated and is broken now

Back