Time for a new firepot.

GrillMeister

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
It looks like my firepot on my 6 year old Century 22 is giving up the ghost. It's rusting through pretty fast now.

1655652246647.png

I ordered this it replace it. Reviews seem pretty good and the price is reasonable.

I found mine, I might just do my pot/rod and RTD at the same time, that should just about gimme a brand new rig.

I was considering getting a stainless steel pot to prevent the rusting. They are more expensive though.

It is surprising that replacement parts can be found so cheaply. I guess that is one advantage of the grills being manufactured in China.

6 years....wow! I get 1.5 to 2 years on my pro34 fire pot! I didn't know stainless was an option. I need to look into that,maybe have it on the shelf ready to go!

6 years....wow! I get 1.5 to 2 years on my pro34 fire pot! I didn't know stainless was an option. I need to look into that,maybe have it on the shelf ready to go!
Sounds like a humidity difference between Oregon and Texas. The ol' Century 22 still gets a workout while my IW885 is delegated to brisket, ribs, & pulled pork, especially during a burn ban and the current drought. Slapping on a brisket on the IW885 tonight though.

GM, I'd like to know which firepot you purchased. I'm also looking at stainless steel pots but some users have reported problems getting them to fit their grills. Did yours fit well?

GM, I'd like to know which firepot you purchased. I'm also looking at stainless steel pots but some users have reported problems getting them to fit their grills. Did yours fit well?
this one claims all it fits Traegers

The one in his link tho reads like this....
  • 14 gauge steel wall.
  • The burn pot can be assembled in a short time with basic tooling.
  • Made of high strength steel to ensure long-lasting use, more substantial and durable

this one claims all it fits Traegers

The one in his link tho reads like this....
  • 14 gauge steel wall.
  • The burn pot can be assembled in a short time with basic tooling.
  • Made of high strength steel to ensure long-lasting use, more substantial and durable
That's the one where several reviewers say that it requires some filing to fit the auger tube.

I’ve never had to change a fire pot on a Traeger. Granted, it is an abusive environment for sure. Maybe I should take a look at them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Then again, I do a vacuum level clean up only a few times a year. I’m thinking I’m just plain lucky.

I’ve never had to change a fire pot on a Traeger. Granted, it is an abusive environment for sure. Maybe I should take a look at them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Then again, I do a vacuum level clean up only a few times a year. I’m thinking I’m just plain lucky.
If you only have to clean your pot a few times a year, I suspect you might not be using the grill as often as some forum members who probably use their Traeger more often than their stove.

If you only have to clean your pot a few times a year, I suspect you might not be using the grill as often as some forum members who probably use their Traeger more often than their stove.
Yeah, I used to but not as much on that particular cooker these days. Even when I used it 4 times or more a week, I almost never vacuumed out the fire pot. I’m just lucky I guess, I’ve never had issues with startup. I know plenty who have, but I’m not one. Use foil pans and the foil tray liners and rarely ever remove the heat shields. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Latest Discussions

Back