Timberline XL Super Smoke Mode

Smokinman88

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline XL
Timberline XL Super Smoke mode seems to work very well, check out the short video. This is the third time I’ve used it and it seems to constantly produce smoke and a lot of it.

Attachments

• 8C207765-E8A8-44DE-984F-5AC46D3E3C2B.jpeg
    8C207765-E8A8-44DE-984F-5AC46D3E3C2B.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2580.MOV
    15.1 MB
Looks typical. Glad you’re happy with it. Much of it has to do with pellets and humidity/storage of pellets.

I own an 850 T, the 1300 T, and now a new T XL. I have done 5 burns now on the XL, and my opinion is that I get more smoke out of the T XL (especially at higher temps) then I get with either of my other (older) Timberlines. It is subjective of course, but my honest opinion is that the new XL does provide more smoke across the board.

I own an 850 T, the 1300 T, and now a new T XL. I have done 5 burns now on the XL, and my opinion is that I get more smoke out of the T XL (especially at higher temps) then I get with either of my other (older) Timberlines. It is subjective of course, but my honest opinion is that the new XL does provide more smoke across the board.
My word that’s quite the pellet arsenal you have

I started in 2019 with the 850 just to support my wife and I when I moved to Florida. It replaced a collection of Green Eggs, Heavily Modified TR 75, Weber Summit 6 Burner, Wok Burner, CharCoal Rotisseri, etc that I left behind in Virginia.

Neighbors ate and then neighbor's organizations ate. The 1300 was needed to support the favors. I take no money. An organization supplies the meat. I prep, smoke, and package in foil pans and coolers for them to pick up. Also kids, grandkids, birthday parties. I seem to get a lot of asks.

I have attached a couple of photos of cooks since new. First pic is 5 trimmed Packer Briskets. The second is 6 pork butts prepped and waiting while the XL heats up.

v/r arcee
Briskets on the new XL 20200426.JPEG
Pork Butts for the XL 20220504.JPEG

Last edited:
I started in 2019 with the 850 just to support my wife and I when I moved to Florida. It replaced a collection of Green Eggs, Heavily Modified TR 75, Weber Summit 6 Burner, Wok Burner, CharCoal Rotisseri, etc.

Neighbors ate and then neighbor's organizations ate. The 1300 was needed to support the favors. I take no money. An organization supplies the meat. I prep, smoke, and package in foil pans and coolers for them to pick up. Also kids, grandkids, birthday parties. I seem to get a lot of asks.

I have attached a couple of photos of cooks since new. First pic is 5 trimmed Packer Briskets. The second is 6 pork butts prepped and waiting while the XL heats up.

v/r arceeView attachment 9299View attachment 9300
That pretty cool you support your community. It's a great way to use the grills.

Timberline XL Super Smoke mode seems to work very well, check out the short video. This is the third time I’ve used it and it seems to constantly produce smoke and a lot of it.
I assume no problems with the new Timberline's super smoke and soot all over food (I have a gen 1 Timberline, and super smoke is unfortunately does not produce great results)? Do the new Timberlines have more than one fan, or does the fan not completely shut off like it does on the gen 1s? Thanks!

Gen1 T 1300, I tend to only use the app for supersmoke and shutdown. No soot if you go to regular smoke at about 160 IT and increase temp to 300. Takes a minute to figure this stuff out.
never assume... IMHO the app is a POS full of adds but ss and shutdown work just fine.
I do use a Fireboard, they're really good at temp stuff.

Gen1 T 1300, I tend to only use the app for supersmoke and shutdown. No soot if you go to regular smoke at about 160 IT and increase temp to 300. Takes a minute to figure this stuff out.
never assume... IMHO the app is a POS full of adds but ss and shutdown work just fine.
I do use a Fireboard, they're really good at temp stuff.
Thanks, agreed with your method on the gen 1, but the question was around how the new one does with super smoke.

Same goobers made the app for xl

Baby Rotties live here so I don't really have a filter

forfucksake is a standard reaction

Latest Discussions

Back